Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Bright blue skies and the temperature is going up to the mid fifties. The wind is “a-blowin’” though. Hopefully it will dry out my back yard sufficiently to walk around in without tracking in a bunch of mud. I simply must get out there and fill the bird feeders today and clean out the bird bath. It’s gross. The forecast for the week indicate that it will get much colder as the week goes on and we may even have some wintry-mix or snow on Saturday. I already had a squirrel with its paws up on the glass of one of my sunporch doors. It was looking at me quite expectedly. I just avoided eye contact.

The great news this morning is that Ms. Kate is feeling well enough to sit out here in the sun porch with me. That’s mainly because it is much warmer out here this morning. Her cough is still hanging on but hopefully it is going to subside. It would seem at some point that it should. She actually got to the point last night that she says she is almost to the point of going to see a doctor. Of course I was thinking —- “Gee, I wish I had suggested that two weeks ago.” No, it wasn’t nice of me. I just worry about her.

Last night was our Music and Worship committee meeting. I’m not sure of the purpose of this committee. It isn’t like we actually accomplished anything. The committee is I think supposed to work with the pastor in creating meaningful worship services. But Pastor Art and I plan our own services, then we send the proposed bulletin to the organist who picks out the hymns and decides what music she is going to use, and then Karen, the secretary types it all up and prints them. So, I’m not sure why we had nine people sitting around that table last night. We laid out the Lenten schedule of services last night, not actually knowing if Pastor Art and I will be there to do them or if they will have the new pastors in place by then. I hate things being upin the air like this. My patience grows thin at times. Pastor Art and I both want to get on with planning things like summer vacations etc. For instance, they would like to go south with their grandson for a week or so and the grandson wants to go over Spring Break. However, that is Holy Week for the church and Art can’t be gone if he is still an employed pastor. So, the not knowing becomes a problem. But — all in God’s time.

Speaking of God; I hope you have taken time out this morning to stop and have a chat with your Creator and sustainer. I think that is the very least we can do is to take a few minutes out of our day to give thanks for our blessings. I don’tknow about you but, I knowI am blessed beyond measure and I owe it all to God and my faith in Jesus Christ. Have a wonderful day.


No comments:

Post a Comment