Thursday, January 17, 2019

I have let two days go by without dropping a line in the blog. But, that’s what happens when your days fill up with other stuff. Well, at lest my mornings fill up and I don’t know why I don’t like to write my blog in the afternoon, but when it gets to be after one o’clock or so, I just decide to wait until the next day.

Tuesday morning instead thing I had to be at the neurologists office for testing on my arm. Just so we are straight here —- a 0845 appointment does not mean you will be seen anytime close to 0845. It was at least 0930 before I went in for the testing. The testing was different than anything I had ever had. They were testing for pinched nerves in my arm and specifically the elbow region. So, they put electrodes or wires around my fingers and different places and hit my arm and places with electric shock causing my arm and hand and fingers to jump and I guess they measured something by that. It didn’t “hurt” per se but it was certainly very uncomfortable. Next the doctor started putting needles in different muscle locations and would have me move my arm or hand  or rotate my head. When I did those things, the machine would be making all kinds of weird noise. The results were that he determined that I indeed do have some nerves pinched in my right elbow region. So, —- the next step is to send me back to the neurosurgeon who will do some minor surgery on my elbow and “un-pinch” those nerves. I did’t know they coud do such a thing. But stand by for updates whenever I get a new appointment. After the doctor finished with me, we went to Cracker Barrel for a much deserved breakfast.

Yesterday was our weekly staff meeting at church. Art and I still have no update about the pastoral search. We were hoping to be told somethng at the Monday night council meeting but were told nothing. So we are pressing on with planning for the spring events like Lenten season and Easter programming. Art has gone ahead and scheduled a vacation which is just fine. After our morning meeting I went out and did some Pastorral visiting and home Communion. I always enjoy doing those.

It is a rainy morning here again and it looks like my bird feeders are empty. It isn’t raining hard so maybe I’ll go out a little later and fil the up. We’re in for a few days of crappy weather. The squirrels will run all of their fat off going from empty feeder to empty feeder.

I’m caught up with my sermons through January now and need to look at upcoming lectionary reading through February and maybe get started on sermons for those dates. I like to stay ahead simply because one never knows what extra might get thrown in the mix.

Tomorrow will be “schrooms & beer & gossip” lunch date with our friends, Brenda and Bob. We always enjoy that. BUt, I’ll try to be diligent and write tomorrow morning. Between now and then, have a great day. Peace.  

No comments:

Post a Comment