Thursday, January 24, 2019

Thank you for putting up with my whining yesterday but this morning I’m up early, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed as they say. I think I dozed most of the day on and off yesterday. I tend to do that if I feel bad. My system just kind of shuts down and I don’t have the energy to do anything, and I just doze in and out. I think it is a great thing and is God’s way of taking care of me or forcing me to take care of myself. God is just so good.

It is twenty-one degrees  this morning and by tomorrow morning it will be only nine degrees. That is no-bueno. I have to be up and at the hospital at 0630 for a parishioner tomorrow morning and that doesn’t sound like fun getting out in that temp. Brrrrrr.

No clouds this morning at all. There are a couple of cardinals out there and a couple of sparrows but that is about all. I literally got up before the birds this morning. Most of the feeders are out of food so I must bundle up later this morning and go feed them. I’m almost out of sunflower seed again. I have enough to do a full round but I really need to pick up some more. The problem is that I’m restricted on my lifting for a couple more days so it may have to wait.

I think I will write a sermon today. I preach next on the 3rd of February but I have an idea of what I want to write and the scripture for that day is so perfect; 1st Corinthians 13:1-13, which is the “love chapter” of the Bible. It is the most commonly used scripture used at weddings. And with February also encompassing Valentine’s Day, it is a great way to start off the month. I’m also preaching on the 10th of February but I already have that sermon and service done.

I have another job that I need to get done. It is almost the end of January and we still haven’t sent out our Thank You cards for our Christmas gifts. That is down-right rude. We’ve certainly said thanks to people but the polite thing is send an acknowledgement. When I was a kid, that was the first thing we had to do, the day after Christmas or birthday. We never forced out kids to do that I don’t think and we should have. I doubt my grandchildren have ever written one, although, we do get a call from them which is even better because we get to talk to them.

One of my favorite TV shows starts a new season tonight so I’ll be looking forward to that. Last evening I went through the shows that I have on the DVR and watched and cleared out most of them.

Tie for another cup of coffee and I think I’ll toast a bagel and put some Creme cheese on it. You have yourself a great day. Remember God loves you, Christ has saved you and I pray for you. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment