Thursday, August 9, 2018

There is thumping and bumping on my roof this morning. Ms. Kate came out to the sunporch and asked me if I was “dressed” because there was someone on our roof. I went out and checked and it is the guy once again trying to find the micro-leak. They had put down a tarp before the last rain we had and obviously it covered wherever the leak is because we had a two and a half hard rain and nothing came in. But so far, this fellow is finding nothing. Sigh. I guess the next step will be to start pulling up shingles and looking for water damage or wet spot on the plywood. Water leaks are so deceptive. They are seldom where you think they are and water always wins. There are places in the world where you can see water falling out of apparently solid rock. So, we will see what happens.

I had a busy day yesterday. I started with my staff meeting first thing and that went a little long. Then I went home, had lunch, gathered up my visitation and communion stuff and headed out to the hospital. I got to the patient’s room and they weren’t there. They had just left for her to go do her physical therapy and would be gone for at least an hour. So I came on back home. Later in the afternoon, we went back to the hospital and she was there as well as a room full of company. She says the operation went well; the knee is replaced, and today she will be discharged from the hospital and will be admitted to a rehabilitation facility just down the road from me for four or five days.

Then last night I got a call from a parishioner who is currently on vacation in Florida. Her husband had taken a really bad fall down there and is in pretty bad shape. He did a full “face-plant” when he fell, crushing his sinus bones, a broken nose, loosened the upper bridge in his mouth, tore the corner of his mouth. They had planned to be down there for just a quick turn around to check on their condo but now it looks like they will be there at least five more weeks. He is maybe seven years older than me so healing is not going to occur quickly. As I told them last night, TPG — Time, Prayer, & God is the only solution at this point.

Speaking of TPG, I would also ask you to lift up my sister for healing; she just had a shoulder replaced, and also lift up Pastor Art’s sister who has stage four Pancreatic Cancer.  Each of you who read this most likely have people in your lives with problems too so let’s join together and ask that God provide healing and comfort for all of them.

In the mean time, I pray you will have a most blessed day. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment