Tuesday, August 21, 2018

A grand Tuesday morning to you. I’m sitting here in the sunporch and I’mn “Pedi-ready”. Ms. Kate has a hair appointment at 1000 hrs and then we are going to get pedicures. It isn’t my favorite thing to do but I don’t hate it either. The girls that do it get by easier with me because I can’t stand to have anybody touch the bottom of my feet. If I could just go in there and have them cut the nails and clean out the nail beds I’d be very happy. I don’t need all of that rubbing and rasping and other stuff that they do. If I could bend over and trim my toenails myself, I’d do it in a minute. but —- we. get pedicures instead.

It was supposed to rain and maybe even have severe storms yesterday but at our house we had maybe three minutes of a shower last night around 2100 hrs and that was it. It is cloudy today and was sprinkling a few minutes ago but has stopped now. I honestly doubt we’ll get anything more which is too bad because we could use it.

My backyard buffet guests are being well served this morning. I filled feeders yesterday and Ms. Kate scrubbed up the hummingbird feeder and refilled it. It was covered in ants because the little cup that is an “ant-guard” that hangs above it was empty. It is an engenious little device that you fill with water and it has a hook under it to hang the actual hummingbird feeder from. The theory is tha the ants will crawl up the pole and then down to the feeder but they drown in the water. It works very well. It is one of those things that I wonder why I didn’t invent. Some dude probably retired for life because he invented a plastic cup with a hook on the bottom. Ms. Kate also scrubbed up the bird bath. So, every body has food and water this morning and then they can take a fresh bath. Maybe we’ll change the name to the Backyard Buffet and Spa.

I got the yard mowed yesterday afternoon and it really looks a lot better., It was the first time in four weeeks that I have meowed the back yard. I spent as much tome picking up twigs and stuff as I di actually mowing back there.

Time to go. Have a blessed day. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment