Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Good morning. We all know that if I don’t sit and write quickly before I head out to the office, I’ll end up skipping a day because that seems to have become the pattern,

The sun hasn’t broken through the clouds yet and we are looking for rain at some point in the day. That’s fine by me, we need it. What surprises me is how many leaves are starting to fall from the trees in my back yard. It isn’t a massive fall but there are a lot of them. I saw yesterday that the Farmer’s Almanac says it is going to be a “teeth-chattering, snowy winter”. I don’t want to even think about winter yet; let alone chattering teeth or massive amounts of that white stuff. Although that does provide some John Deere time with the snow blade.

Some of our parishioners posted pictures of the improvements we are making at the chuch this morning. The concrete has been poured for thrsteps to the out door chapel all the way to the top now. The pews in the church sanctuary are about half done with the replacement cushions. It is looking great. We still have a few things on the list to get done but our deacons and elders really seem to have a handle on the needed improvements and the congregation has stepped up to the plate to make it happen. For a church that was floundering around a couple of years ago, this is dynamic.

 Ms. Kate and I went out and did some more running around yesterday. We went up nd checked on Karen’s house, then went to lunch, went to the Apple store and picked up another key pad for my IPad. They only had one left and I snatched it up. It is worth the $4.50 to have a spare since they are phasing them out.

Time’s up, I need to get n the shower and get ready for work. I hope your day is blessed and I hoe good things happen to you all day long. But regardless of how your day goes, stop long enough to have a talk with the Almighty God. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment