Thursday, August 16, 2018

Good morning on this semi-cloudy Thursday morning. It’s seventy-six degrees and for the moment the air is still. Rain has finally started to grace us with its scattered presence  and we are going to be dodging the possibility of a severe storm though Saturday. I’m glad to to see the rain though. My tomatoes had almost quit putting anything on because of the dry weather.

Yes, I failed to sit and write yesterday. Wednesday just kind of got away from me as sometimes a day does now and then. Of course I had office hours in the morning, and then I stayed and practiced my song that I am playing for Sunday. I had asked the organist to meet me at church so we could go over the number together. Our rehearsal went very well. I just hope that it will go that well on Sunday.

After I got home, Ms. Kate had a wonderful lunch prepared. I put the steaks on the grill while she prepared everything else. After clearing away the dishes and just sitting together and talking for a bit it was our “sacred nap time”. We try to get a nap in around 1430 or so every day. It doesn’t always happen but we do enjoy it when we can squeeze it in our routine. We seldom go to bed before 0100 hours so by mid-afternoon we are ready for a nap. You can do stuff like that when you are old and at least semi-retired. After nap time we got ready and wento the funeral home for visitation. The wife of one of Ms. Kate’s “second-cousins” passed away ay 39 years of age. We don’t know a lot about the cousin other than who he is and how he is related; but family is family and you do what is right. He’s a nice guy though and I hate to see that happen to him. I don’t know the details of her death other than there is a hint of suicide. That would make it even more tragic for the husband. But that is at this point just hearsay. At least there are no children involved.

After our funeral visitation we came home and just each did our own thing until bed time. I worked on a couple of church services and tried to do a little sermon writing but didn’t really even get a good start on that.

Today I have zero things on my must-do list. That gives me an opportunity to sit here. And enjoy my guests at the backyard buffet. I also have a new Max Lucado book that I started and have gotten about a third of the way through. Then I will play my Bingo and Criminal Case games on my IPad, practice my song again a time or two, and then settle in for some writing. Before I know it, it will be time for bed and we’ll do it all over again. Is that called being in a rut?? I think maybe it is.

So, let me get over her in my rut and just enjoy my day. I hope you have a pleasant rut that you can enjoy with time to relax too. Then about 1430 or so, let’s all take a nap! Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment