Monday, August 13, 2018

A very good morning to you. I hope you had a blessed weekend and are prepared to take on a whole new week. I know I certainly am. We had a really good worship service yesterday with eighty one people in attendance. We did an adult baptism and then received that person into membership of our church. The service was out side in the Woodland Chapel, the temperature was perfect and there was a nice breeze that occasionally came flowing through making it very comfortable.

After church we went to Applebee's for lunch and had a very so-so lunch. Neither of us particularly enjoyed our entree. We each had a pasta dish of some kind and the pasta was dry and almost pasty. Yuk! But we salvaged the day by going to Cold Stone Creamery later in the day. That will make any day a better day.

This week is going to be a busy one with a couple of different meetings at church as well as office hours. We also suddenly seem to have more people in the hospital than normal so that means more visitations. I never mind doing visitations and enjoy going to listen to people as they fill their need to have somebody new listen to how they feel. If I can take communion and share that with them, so much the better. I have a couple to do yet this afternoon. One of which is a fellow that I didn't know was even still around. I knew he and his family had been members years ago but I haven't seen them in years. It is interesting how folks leave a church or just stop attending or making any contribution to the church monetarily or by service, but when when they get in the hospital or are needing some "God work" done, they suddenly remember exactly where they "go to church". But, ---  it isn't our job to judge, we are just to serve. I think that is exactly what God expects from me and that is what I'll do.

I had a lot of visitors at the backyard buffet this morning. The sunflower seed feeders are just about empty and so are the feeders that I put peanut butter on or in. I'm told that Wild Birds and Things will reopen this week so I need to check that out.  All of the work-a-rounds that I found after they closed suddenly seem to do pretty well, so we will see what I need to buy or not buy. I know what ever I buy will be more expensive but then the packages are much larger so maybe it all evens out. The biggest thing is the substituting peanut butter for the "Bark-Butter". I'll have to see how much they are going to ask for their five pound tub. I think it used to be about $11.00 a tub and I can buy a large jar of peanut butter a lot cheaper.

O, I have to get busy and go to work for awhile and then go do my visitation. You have a most wonderful day and a week full of love and joy. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment