Friday, August 10, 2018

The Friday morning alarm clock in the guise of a garbage truck is clunking and bumping out on the street. There are three local refuse collector companies here in town and this neighborhood has people using all of them. There is a Wednesday morning truck, a real early Thursday morning truck, and the Friday morning run. Ours is Thursday morning, and by the way I need to call them because they split my garbage can all to heck yesterday. Obviously the metal arm they use to pick up the cans squeezed it too hard or something. They provide the cans so I just need to call them and they will replace it.

I had a new mystery yesterday. I was out in the back yard talking to the guys that were up working on my roof and I looked T my flowerbed and there was a big hole dug next to and under one of my large knockout roses. Half of the roots were exposed. And there was hardly any dirt around it. I scraped some dirt back in the hole and tamped it down, but I have no idea what would have done that. There was a second hole started and had exposed some flower bulbs. Ms. Kate covered those back up.

I have a wealth of visitors at the back yard buffet this morning. It is cardinals and finches mostly with a couple of downy woodpeckers, three or four wrens, and the hummingbirds. The wrens just tickle me. They are so very animated with their movements. They dart back and forth  and make little quick hops. And when they sing, it is a distinctive and cute little song.

We are doing mushrooms and beers again today with Bob and Brenda. It is always nice to be able to get with them. I reckon I’ll be having cod for lunch today. That is always the Friday special at the tavern. I could of course deviate but why have to think about it?? Bob and Brenda keep us informed about what is going on up in Ft. Branch. LOL

Ms. Kate made a peach cobbler yesterday and it is a scoop of heaven in a bowl. It’s so good I didn’t even need to add ice cream because it wouldn’t have improved a thing. She also made a special entree for dinner. We don’tknow What to call it but is has rice, diced tomatoes, okra, and ground beef in it. I love it.  It’s a one dish skillet meal and I always eat seconds. I even ate seconds, knowing there was a peach cobbler waiting. That’s how good it was.

Time to think about doing something productive before we head out to lunch. You have a most wonderful day. Stay in touch with the Lord; it will make your day go so much better. Shalomn,

No comments:

Post a Comment