Tuesday, August 28, 2018

It is another “weather alert day” for us “old folk” and asthmatics with a heat index this afternoon projected to be over 100 degrees. That’s a yuk! It is only 0915 and is eighty-six out there but we have a thirteen mile per hour breeze going so basically we have what I call desert conditions. The difference being that we have humidity added to it all. I remember many days when we lived at Nellis Air Force Bse that we would have mornings lke this  only the humidity would be about seven percent. That just makes it a convection oven.

I told you yesterday that w had a bunch of running around to do after I finished my office hours and we certainly did do some traveling. Actually, just a great big loop to do it all but we went from this side of town to the east side of town then to about forty miles north to the melon farm and back again.  But it was worth the trip The cantaloupes we picked up are delicious. We always get good melons from Creeks farm up on the other side of Johnson, IN and it is a nice country drive.

I lucked out yesterday on one of my purchases. I was needing to buy a new keyboard form my IPad. The one I had was at the point of breaking in half. It was a plastic case thing and as much as I open and close my IPad it had gotten weak again at the hinges. I just bought the thing maybe a year and a half ago but I use my IPad a lot. So, I went to the Apple Store to see if they had any and what they had was an improved version of the one I was using. And —- the great thing is that what they had was on closeout and I got it for $4.50. I had paid almost $100.00 for the one that was breaking and that was my second one of those. But, This new keyboard is good for only this model of IPad Pro and it is being phased out by Apple. I may go get another one today just to have a spare. I’m hoping my IPad will last a long time. It is really convenient for doing just what I am doing right now; sitting in my recliner with my IPad on my lap to write my blog.

I think we are going to do some more running around today. It is a good day for it rather than just sit in the house. I got a coupon today via email that Old Chicago has Calzones on a two for one deal and we do love our calzones.

That is all of my life exciting news for today so I’m going to get off and take the mail out to the mailbox. Have a wonderful day. Tell someone you love them. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment