Friday, August 17, 2018

Another week is rapidly drawing to a close. Hello Friday —- where have you been all week? It is a beautiful morning; officially categorized as “partly sunny” by the wether department. It is seventy-five degrees and has rained at some point this morning. The grass is wet and the sidewalks are still damp.

I’m expecting neighbor Dan to come over around 1000 hours so this may be cut a little short. He and I will sit and jaw for probably a couple of hours about nothing in particular but we’ll solve all of the worlds problems over a pot of coffee and some peach cobbler. That sounds like a pretty good plan to me. He’s been gone for about six weeks so we have a bunch of catching up to do. A lot has happened in the world in the last six weeks and we haven’t gotten together to solve any of it. LOL

Yesterday was a very productive day for me. Ms. Kate and I are going to be going on vacation in a few weeks and that means that I have to get worship services and sermons planned and written ahead of time so I’m not fussing about them when I should be sipping a Corona by the Gulf of Mexico. So far though, I have my September 2nd service and sermon done and my September 16th service done. It is a lot easier than it used to be when I was a staff of one and preached every Sunday. Thank goodness for Pastor Art and our secretary, Karen. I have an idea what I want to write on for the 16th but it is still all mulling around in my brain. Later today I’ll at least jot down some thoughts and check them against the liturgical calendar for continuity. 

Also today, I think Ms. Kate and I need to go to Wild Birds and see if they are in fact open for business. I really need to refill my supplies. Right now the birds are not eating as much from me because the fields are full of seeds on plants etc. But, they will be coming back soon and I need to be ready.

OK, Dan is here. Have a great day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment