Saturday, August 18, 2018

I wonder if birds feel especially vulnerable when they drink. I’m watching the finches as they come to the bird bath to drink and they sit there and they look all around them several times before they dip their heads down for a drink. The other birds such as the cardinals will do that too. I wonder if it is a built in vulnerability instinct. I wouldn’t doubt it; God does some marvelous things with His creation.

And a happy and glorious Saturday to you. Accuweather tells me it is seventy seven degrees with eighty four percent humidity. All in all, that is tolerable. I took the mail out to the box a bit ago and it didn’t feel too bad. So far it has been a cloudy day, but if the sun pops out it will become more humid. I don’tknow what is on our agenda today but at some point I really should get out there in the south front flowerbeds and take on the tigers and lions that are probably hiding in there. If I destroy their jungle habitat maybe they will leave peacefully and not be a danger to passing vehicles and pedestrians.

Wild Birds Unlimited reopened yesterday. It was nice to get back in there. I didn’t spend as much as I thought I might but I did do some damage to my wallet. They had a new bird feeder set up that I may have to eventually purchase. Unfortunately I think it will cost around $300.00. Ms. Kate liked it too so it might get delivered by Santa Clause this year. We’ll have to take a look at it again a time or two and see if it was just a whim or if we really like the set up. I tend to do that; I’ll pick something up in a store that I think I may want to purchase and I’ll carry it around and most of the time I talk myself out of buying it and I’ll put it back on the shelf. The biggest thing is to be able to put it where the squirrels will have a hard time getting on it. That is a tough assignment in my back yard because of the number of trees that I have, however, — I think I have a solution to the problem. It will just take a lot of preparation of the area.

Neighbor Dan did come obviously yesterday and he and I sat and talked for two and a half hours. Ms. Kate said she didn’t think we were ever going to quit gabbing. LOL But we did solve most of the world’s problems once again. If only people would listen to us.

I need to go down stairs and play my trumpet again and go over the song that I’m playing for church tomorrow. I just hope I don’t flub it up. That would be so very embarrassing. So, with that, I’ll droop off your screen and just wish you a wonderful day full of peace an love.

No comments:

Post a Comment