Thursday, August 30, 2018

Happy Thursday morning! It is a bright sunshine day and a hot one already. Our “rain”. Such as it was, has come and gone. Unfortunately it did not cool off much or lower the humidity much. So that men’s that today is going to be a miserable one outside again. Oh well, I might run the JD over the yard in front anyway. The backyard doesn’t need it.

It is bath time for the sparrows this morning. They are all lined up around the bird bath and are taking their turns jumping in the water, splashing around a bit and then jumping out, Then the next one jumps in. It is really cute to watch. Sometimes two of them will get in there at a time and then they peck at one another until one leaves and gets back up on the rim. My always favorite guests, the wrens are here this morning too. They are curious little creatures, They really like to get in the flower pots and scratch around. I don’t have any idea what they find that they like in there but they spend a lot of time daring in and out. The woodpecker crew is here this morning again having breakfast as are the starlings and the cardinals. It is no wonder that I spend so much time sitting here and why it takes me so long to write my blog when I sit out here. Ms. Kate just said basically the same thing. She has moved a bunch of her greeting card making stuff out here in the sunporch for the summer. She says she gets distracted b the antics of my backyard buffet guests too easily.

I need to do a little running around today. As a minimum I need to go to the dry cleaners and pick up a pair of pants that I had to have shortened. I don’t know what else I might need to do. I’m caught up on my writing  although I need to start working on a Christmas drama for church. I’d like to write one for the Christmas Eve service. I have a couple that I’ve written before that I could pull out of the file but I’d really like to do something new. While I’m caught up, I think this might be a good time to work on that. I have an idea floating in the back of my head but I just don’t seem to be able to pull it forward and make it congeal. I’m also toying with an idea for a Spring Revival at the church that I need to put some more thought in to. I put together working paper on it last night to present to the Music and Worship committee. Perhaps by next spring the church will have hired a permanent pastor but we need to plan ahead regardless.

That is it for this morning. I might as well pour another cup of coffee and start on something else. A always, I hope your day is full of blessings and I hope you share them with others. Peace  

No comments:

Post a Comment