Saturday, August 4, 2018

Happy Saturday. It is a seventy-four degree morning and the sky is still partly cloudy which is a good thing. It is supposed to go up to ninety-two degrees today. That would not normally bother me too much except that sometime yesterday afternoon or evening our air conditioner quit putting out cold air. The unit runs and the blower runs, just no cold air. This thing has had a problem in the past where it went low on refrigerant. My basement is. Cool which is where my office and my “hang out and watch TV area is, so I hadn’t noticed it. But Ms. Kate, who is always cold, said it was eighty-one degrees in the house upstairs. So, hopefully it won’t be too long before he can get here. I already know it will cost some bucks because it is $100.00 just for the on-call service guy to get here. And, refrigerant isn’t cheap either. So, chalk it up to the joy of homeownership. Besides, I have no room to complain; there are so many people that never have A/C for one reason or another, so I’ll sit here in the sunporch, watch my birds, and enjoy my coffee and hush!

I think I need to go prep a cantaloupe for breakfast this morning. We’ve had our last cantaloupe sitting on the kitchen table now for two days and the smell is marvelous. It is time to eat it. Speaking of smells, —- do you have any flowers around your house called “Four-O’clocks”? If you aren’t familiar with them, they are a pink flower that grows to about three or four feet tall and they have the most wonderful fragrance. They are called Four-O’Clocks because that is about the time of the afternoon that they start to bloom. I get tickled  at the guys and gals that deliver from Papa John’s because they always comment about them. They tell us that they love to deliver here because the flowers smell heavenly. Last night we opened up the house because of the lack of A/C and the smell of the Four O’Clocks came wafting in. Thhe house might have been a bit warm but it sure smelled nice. Just as an aside though, if you ever get four o’clocks started; you’ll have a hard time controlling them. They drop hundreds of seeds and their propagation rate is tremendous.

Tomorrow is communion Sunday at church. I always enjoy communion Sunday. I may have told you, but August will be an exciting month in the life of our little church. Tomorrow is communion, next Sunday we will have an adult baptism and reception of a new member  as part of our worship service in the out doo chapel. The 19th, we will have another adult baptism and reception of two new members and I play a trumpet solo for church, and then on the 26th we will start off of day with a breakfast, and celebrate Rally Sunday which is the start of the new Christian Education Year. So, there are lots of reason to come to church and celebrate being part of the Faith Family.

That’s it for today. I pray your weekend is full of joy and happiness and the recognized presence of the Holy Spirit. Shalomn.

No comments:

Post a Comment