Saturday, August 11, 2018

1600 hours on a Saturday and I’m just getting around to writing a few words. I have had a busy day and got some quality work done. I have spent most of my day out in my front flower beds pulling weeds and deforesting the flowerbeds from all of the sapplings that have sprouted and grown again. Between the vines of different kinds, and the tree sapplings, it is a real battle to keep my flower beds clean. I have filled my fifty gallon trash can almost to the top and there is so much more to do. The heat wasn’t too awful today, only about eighty five degrees, but the humidity was kicking my tail and I had to take water breaks. I also mowed my front yard, Dan’s yard, and ran the weed eater around some stuff. But —- maybe I sweated out enough calories to earn another piece of peach cobbler. Well, I’m going to eat it, earned or not. LOL I think I’ll take a Tylenol too for my sore back.

It is that time of the evening that the birds are coming back into the buffet for their evening meal. I also have three squirrels out there. About ten minutes ago everything went on high alert in the back yard. The wrens were sounding the alarm, one squirrel was chittering wildly up in the tree. The other squirrels were standing on hind legs and then suddenly bolted up the trees. I figure there was either a snake in the yard or maybe a cat was coming through; or it is possible that a hawk was in the close proximity of the yard. Yesterday I found feathers out in the yard where something had snatched a bird. I figure it was a hawk because they will set right thre and eat it whereas a cat will carry it off to hide and eat it. But, all is quiet now in the neighborhood and the buffet is getting a full compliment of friends and visitors.

Tomorrow is church and it looks like it is going to be a perfect day for an out door service in the Woodland Chapel. We are doing an adult baptism and reception of a new member tomorrow as part of the service. That is very exciting.   We currently have three more Sundays lined up where we will be receiving new members. It just gets better and better.

I think that is all for today. I hope your weekend is enjoyable and I hope that you will take time to visit your house of worship. God has blessed you so many time s this week and has helped you through things where you didn’t even know you had a problem. So take time to pray and be grateful. Peace my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment