Friday, August 24, 2018

My Accuweather app says it is sixty three degrees and we will have rain starting in one hour. I have found that app to be pretty reliable so it probably will start raining in an hour or there about. But most locals would tell you that we don’t need an app to tell it is going to rain this weekend. This is Frog Follies weekend and it almost always rains on Frog Follies weekend. For the “non-familiar”, Frog Follies is our annual mega-street rod gathering here at the fairgrounds. There will be around 5000 street rods coming in from all over the mid-west and beyond. It is a huge charity money maker for the area, not to mention all of the money spent on hotels, and restaurants while they are here. But it seems that the weather is either feast or famine. We’ve had years that it rained so much that they were getting stuck in the mud and we’ve seen times that it was miserably hot for them. Hopefully it won’t be too bad for them this year and the rain, while we need it, will be minimal until they all pull back out again on Sunday.  

I’m getting caught up and ahead in preparation for our coming vacation. I’m currently working on the sermon for the Sunday after we get back and have already sent the secretary the bulletin for that week so she can do her part of it all. I can’t tell you how grateful I am to have a secretary. I can’t imagine Pastor Art and I trying to do it all on our own. Zoar is a much more active church than my last parish was with a lot more committees and events going on. That is not to say that one is better than the other but Zoar needs a good secretary to keep everything in order, and our secretary, Karen, is a winner. We are blessed to have her to work with. (Or is it for?)

Ms. Kate and I talked about going over to Louisville today for lunch at PF Chang’s. I don’t know if that is still in the works or not. I know she is really busy making her Christmas cards. I think she has. About forty of them done so far. She does a beautiful job and she does get a lot of comments from the recipients of them. So, if we aren’t going to Louisville, she’ll work on cards and I will do some writing. It’s all good.

I have plenty of visitors and customers at the buffet this morning. Oh, I had a strange thing yesterday morning. After I finished my blog I decided to get a package of Toaster Strudels out of the freezer. I noticed that the end flap was open but thought nothing of that because it does happen to the cardboard. However, when I pulled the plastic package out of the box, the package was torn open and there was one toaster streusel missing. All of the icing packages were still there. So, someone in the grocery store had opened that package and stolen one of my streudles. I was almost a little leary about us eating the others because I thought of the possibility of someone “tainting” the rest. But, we chanced it and they were fine. I hope who ever did that enjoyed it —- the jerk!!!

Enough for today. I need to see what my plans are for the day which means vacate my recliner, go back to Ms. Kate’s office for further direction!! LOL. Have a blessed day. Peace.  

No comments:

Post a Comment