Monday, August 6, 2018

It's happy "new week" time again. Welcome to Monday morning. I hope you had a fantastic weekend and are all mentally and spiritually prepared to face another week. I certainly am which is a good thing since it's here -- ready or not.

God has provided another beautiful day. It is relatively cool this morning, almost feels like fall. But, before the day is over, summer will be full effect with a ninety two degree temperature and a high humidity level.

Of course I have office hours this morning and that is where I am at the moment. I sat out in my sun porch as long as I could  so I could watch the hummingbirds as they buzzed around and the cardinals and finches as they came in for food and a drink. I need to refill the hummingbird feeder for sure today and I guess I'll fill everything else while I'm at it. The weather guy says we may be having storms tomorrow, or at the very least some rain. We can use it. The rain we got last week has soaked in and the ground is starting to kick up dust again when I walk around out n the garden or areas where there isn't any grass.

We had a great church service yesterday. Even though we had several families still on vacation, we had eighty people in attendance. Ms. Kate and I had seven members from my former parish surprise us and show up. How great was that?? They are on their summer worship schedule which mean Brenda doesn't have to play the organ every Sunday. They are great people, and as much as I love being the pastor at Zoar, I do miss those folks.

Today will be a busy one. As I leave the office today I will go to a parishioners house and do a visitation and serve communion to them. This afternoon I need to take our car to the dealer for the oil change and servicing. It sure seems different these days because I only have to take it in every 7,500   miles. I'm from the days of changing the oil etc every 3,000 miles. My dad insisted on it. But with today's synthetic oils, you just don't wear the oil out as quickly. Of course the new and improved synthetic oils cost three times the cost of regular oil so there is no savings involved at all. Hopefully there is an environmental impact. I'm a firm believer in recycling and doing everything we can to save this planet that God provided for us. So far we humans haven't done a very good job of not polluting the air and water and ground that provides everything we eat or breathe or drink. The real problem is that it has to take a world wide effort to clean the place up and that will never happen. There are societies that just couldn't care less and only see the solution as someone else's problem.

Enough of my soap box for today. I will just ask that if you don't currently recycle, please do. And now, I need to do something productive since I am being paid to be here in the office. Have a blessed day. Stay in touch with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment