Tuesday, July 12, 2016

When I first came out this morning it seemed the sky couldn't make up its mind as to whether it was going to rain or not. We had the sound of sporadic rain drops hitting the roof but nothing connecting the dots on the sidewalk. Well, obviously a decision was made some where up the chain because it has been coming down pretty darned good for a while now. But --- Happy Tuesday anyway!

It is a good thing that I decided to mow my back yard yesterday afternoon. It sure would not have gotten done today. I also filled the bird feeders again and despite the rain, I've had some customers at the buffet. Most of my visitors this morning have been finches, a couple of wrens, a couple of downy woodpeckers, and one or two cardinals. The sky is getting a little brighter and my Weather Channel radar app shows me thata the rain is just about done. The birds will come flocking out of the trees and bushes as soon as the rain passes.

I went out yesterday and had to re-tie the tomatoes up. They are getting taller  and more gangley and are also putting on several tomatoes which will pull the branches down even more. I had done a fairly  good job of keeping the branches within the confines of the cages but some how they got away from me, I also had to put up something for the cucumbers to climb on. It won't be too long and we'll be getting fresh produce and I'm really looking forward to that. Even the okra is starting to put on. We like to add a little ookra to our veggie soup and we both love fried okra. I usually will order okra when we go out to Cracker Barrel for a meal; ( unless of course, I'm ordering breakfast).

I ordered material for our two fall mission drives yesterday. We do the Operation Christmas Child drive and we do the Making a Change drive. I'm really hoping we can get 80 OCC shoeboxes filled this year. That would b fantastic and a record for the parish. There is such a need in this world and so often it is the children who suffer the most. Reverend Franklin Graham started this Christmas Child program several years ago and the people of this world have given millions of shoeboxes to needy children around the world. I believe it is best ways to show the love of Christ without standing around and shouting about it. Afterall, you can catch more bears with honey than you can with a bear trap.

My computer down stairs is calling my name. I need to get busy working on my August sermons and services. August will be here before I now it and I'll be behind again. Our rain has ended and the sky is clear, the birds are coming in for breakfast and I also need to go throw an English Muffin in the toaster. An English muffin with a little of Ms. Kate's strawberry jelly sound delicious.

So --- you go have a great day and celebrate being alive one more day. Better feet above ground than below I always say. Take comfort in knowing someone said a prayer for you today --- and that someone was me. Shalomn.

No comments:

Post a Comment