Friday, July 8, 2016

My heart weeps for our nation once again as societal madness has once again run rampant. Within the last 36 hours two seemingly innocents black males were shot and killed by police and eleven policemen were ambushed and gunned down as they stood and monitored a peaceful demonstration that was being held because of the first two shootings. Four of those officers have died so far.

What has happened to our national thought process of living as a peaceful nation where we take care of one another, where we look out for one another, where we don't profile people because they are a different skin color? When did we throw away 50 years of social progress and jump back to the 1950s and 60s? I went through those years and I remember well the race riots and the hatred, but I somehow convinced myself that maybe we had advanced in our civilization rather than regressed. I know I sound like an old white guy conservative but I think the answer is that when we threw God out of our lives, out of our schools and daily thought and language for "something less offensive"  --- God took the best of our humanity along with Him and left us to try to regain our purpose as a people. We have become like the Hebrews following Moses around in the desert, and once again we are looking for the promised land.

Our family is a all standing by in prayer today across the country as "4th daughter"
 Stephanie goes into surgery this afternoon. I think she is scheduled for a 1230 surgery and it is supposed to take a few hours. Her husband Chris will let us know as soon as he knows anything about results. We would appreciate you joining us in prayer for a successful surgery and a complete recovery.

In the short amount of time that I have been sitting here writing this blog we had a storm come and go complete with thunder, lightening, and heavy rain. It is now over for the time being and my Weather Channel app shows the radar to be clear for the next while. I can see that my feeders are all empty for the most part but the back yard is too sloppy right now to deal with it. I guess all my feathered and hairy friends will just have to wait a while longer. There is still some food out there; they just need to be less "picky" if they want to eat from my buffet this morning. I just had a squirrel actually get up on a feeder, check it out and find that it was empty, and then come bounding over to my sunporch door and look in at me. Yeh, they know I work for them!!!

Between storms, Stephanie's surgery and national societal madness, I've had enough bad for today. I need to regroup my thoughts, put my full trust in the Lord and turn my frown upside down. My wrens are hopping around on the porch being cute as a button and just maybe that I'd a sign from God that things are going to be better. I pray for peace in this nation and in my life and in yours. God bless you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment