Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Good Wednesday morning to you! The day is starting off bright with lots of sunshine. It is already 82 degrees this morning and going to 91. The forecast calls for more scattered thunderstorms today and tonight. We certainly don't need more rain. The sidewalks are still damp from the last one that must have happened sometime during the night.

There is a squirrel climbing around in the pussy willow tree trying to decide which feeder he can rob the easiest. There is only one that he can get much out of and he really has to stretch and balance to eat from it. I have a feeder out in the yard that we call the squirrel feeder. It hangs on a hook about five feet from one of my poplar trees. They go to it all the time but sometimes it just seems they want a challenge. This guy will sit there in that pussy willow tree and stare in at me trying to determine whether or not I am going to get up and come shoot him with a BB gun. If I get out of my chair, it will take off. If I don't; --- it may or may not stay there. Some times they get all stretched out to eat from that feeder and along comes a big ol' Grackle and chases them off. That's why my sunporch tends to be entertainment central.

On the south side of the sunporch windows, I have had a wren clinging to the screen, looking around and checking the area out for safety reasons I guess. Then it drops down into the potted plants and roots around in there. I don't know what it is about the potted plants that tends to draw in some of my birds like the wrens and the cardinals. They seem to be eating something out of the dirt in them. Who knows --- maybe they are addicted to Miracle Gro dirt.

The phlox looks nice this morning with the sun shining brightly on it. It is fully bloomed out now and provides a good source of pollen etc. for the bees, the butterflies, and the hummingbirds. ; although I haven't seen my hammers in a couple of days. I bought that new multiple port hummingbird feeder bar and I don't know that I have seen them use it yet. We bought a new Butterfly bush and planted it out here. Our last one just died out a couple of winters ago. They really tend to make good food for the butterflies and the hummingbirds too.

Since it is Wednesday, we know that means go to the churches and run the bulletins and set the pulpit up for Sunday. It is really going to be strange not doing that every Wednesday after I retire, or not working until 2300 hrs or later on a sermon like I did last night. I'm going to have to find new challenges to keep the old brain active and working. Of course, if I used some of that time being outside and walking or moving around --- maybe I'd lose a little weight and stay healthy.

My cup is empty and I need to get ready for my day's activities. I feel blessed again this morning  and I thank the good Lord for that. I pray for peace in this country and peace in the lives of my loved ones and friends. That includes you! Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment