Friday, July 29, 2016

Sunshine in the morning! It has been a few days since we really saw that with any consistency. Of course there are no guarantees that this will last, although my radar app shows a clear sky. The birds seem to be celebrating it though. we have lots and lots of them out here this morning; mostly sparrows and finches, but what the heck, every bird doesn't have to be a cardinal or a wren for me to enjoy it.

Happy Friday! I know some people say TGIF, Thank God It's Friday, but it doesn't make a lot of difference to me, unless I have something special I have to do. I just give the Lord thanks that I am allowed one more day on His precious earth and hope I use it to the best of my ability.

It isn't as hot this morning temperature wise but boy is it muggy out there. And -- one can tell that it is the end of July by the drone of the cicadas. I seem to recall a horror story that I read one time and the drone of the cicadas played a central role in the story. Or, maybe I didn't read it but thought about it when I was writing some short stories several years ago. I don't know ---- but the idea just popped into my tiny mind while I was outside getting the mail.

So, it is Friday, -- my day off and what shall I do with myself today? Besides sit here and listen to Andre Reiu on my Bose that is. I do need to get the string trimmer out and walk around the yard cleaning up some areas. I also need to put some stuff on my tomatoes and I need to spray for poison ivy and poison oak again. That darned stuff just keeps coming back. The biggest problem has been that I spray it but it rains and washes it off I guess. We need a bit of a dry spell. The weatherman said last night that next week it should dry out ---- but of course that means rising temperatures again, Man --- I'm just never satisfied am I?

The Republican and Democratic Conventions are now over and now the two candidates can get on with the serious mudslinging and name calling and empty promises until Novemebr 7th. Frankly, I'm very worried about what the results of this election will bring to the country. One candidate appears to have no real clue as to any solutions to our national problems other than to call people names and bully people around. He has never held a political office of any kind, and frankly the single biggest draw to him by the people is that he is not part of the political system or part of the "politically correct" establishment that has taken over this country. The other candidate is so corrupt and above the law that she has literally gotten away with things that the average citizen would have already been sentenced to life in prison for. However, everytime a key witness is ready to testify against her --- they suddenly commit suicide or "have a fatal accident".  Neither candidate ever mentions how they are going to pay for all of the things they promise. I have to vote for somebody because it is my right and my duty as a citizen to vote, however this election gives us a choice between drinking from poison cup one or poison cup two. The people of this country need to put a lot of prayer time in before casting their ballot this year because no matter who wins this election --- it will only be with God's help that we survive their time in office. Nuff said about politics.

I have a cantaloupe in my refrigerator that I think I need to cut. I think some fresh fruit sounds good for lunch, don't you?? So, let's jump off of our techno-gadgets and get on with enjoying our Friday. I hope you have the best weekend possible. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment