Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Birds and butterflies, and bees; it's a great combination to start off a sunny Wednesday morning. It is fairly quiet in the backyard buffet this morning despite the fact that I filled the feeders last evening. I really expected that the blackbirds and starlings would be all over the bark butter feeders this morning since I filled them last night. IIt is most likely a case of they haven't discovered them --- yet!

I was sitting out here in the sunporch a couple of nights ago around 12:30am listening to some music and despite the fact that it was pitch dark upside, I could see that one of my feeders was moving around a lot  out there in the pussy willow tree. It wasn't swaying like it would if it was windy, it was kind of jerking around. So, I turned on the outside light and there were not one, --- but two very young raccoons up in the branches of the pussy willow trying to get some sunflower seed out of a feeder. I opened up the back door and fussed at them thinking that would shoo them away. But, the one just sat there resting its little head in the crook of the tree and looked at me, while the other was slowly trying to figure out how to get out of the tree without falling. It was so cute that I was tempted to grab my camera and take a picture of it sitting there; but instead, I grabbed my BB gun and shot it. That hurried them along across the yard and out of the light. It scared them so bad that it was almost five minutes before they came back after I turned of the light. LOL. So, I turned the light back on and shooed them off again and this time they stayed away.

Yesterday was a day of running around and taking care of some business. Ms. Kate had to go to the dentist and have a tooth filled. It was the one that she had a root canal on a couple of weeks ago and they had put in a temporary filling. Yesterday she had the permanent filling put in. We were really glad that she didn't have to have a crown put on. After that, we went to Cold Stone Creamry and had "our lunch". I belong to their birthday club and had a coupon for a free ice cream with the purchase of a like size. And if you know me, --- you know that I don't waste a chance at free ice cream.
We finished our ice cream and then headed out to one of the local hospitals for a visit with one of my parishioners. She seems to be doing fairly well and really hopes to be going home today. I pray she can too.

After we came home I mowed the yards because the grass had gotten thick and tall with all of the rain that we have been having. We are supposed to have more today and tomorrow. We really do not need more rain but that certainly doen't mean we won't get it. But, --- if God could shift it out to California and drop it on some of the forest fires around Los Angeles area and I think it would be a better thing.

I've set here long enough now for the gang to come flying I. I have several cardinals, lots of finches, a couple of woodpeckers and a Robin or two. I guess someone put out the word that the buffet was in fact open for business. A breeze has picked up; I don't know if that has anything to do with them suddenly all flying in or not. But what ever the reason, I'm glad to see them and I thank God for them and the joy they bring. I think I will stop and enjoy them and drink my cup of coffee and offer my word of gratitude to God who made everything possible. Have a wonderful day.

1 comment:

  1. Where you been Papa? We've had no committee meetings this week!

    ReplyDelete