Monday, July 25, 2016

What would we do without a day of thunder and rain and high heat and high humidity. We.ve already had one cloud burst come through and out is sun shiny and thundering. It is supposed to be this way all week long. I don't think that is a good thing at this point.

It's afternoon and I'm just getting around to writing today. I haven't accomplished much except a little office work and I'm helping Ms. Kate do the laundry. It generally doesn't take us more than two loads to get it all done but today we are adding bedding to the mix so that will be an extra load or two including the guest bedding.

Sunday was the usual busy. We had the combined parish worship service, then that was followed by a congregational meeting for the second of my two churches. Then we went home, ate some lunch while Ms. Kate whipped up some deviled eggs for the evening social at the church. We grabbed the eggs and a couple of peach pies that Ms. Kate had made and we went back to the church for a meal, some games, and an evening of fellowship; and then there was just enough time left for me to get back down to Evansville for a hospital visitation before visiting hours were over. It was a satisfactory Sunday.

I have lots of cardinals flying in and out this afternoon. Mr. Fuss-a-lot is here but he has been fairly quiet today. Last evening I was sitting out here after dark and I could see one of my bird feeder in the pussy will trees was moving around quite a bit. I knew there was no wind so I turned on the outside lights and there was Randy the raccoon working hard at a feeder. I opened the door and he quickly took off. At least I caught him before he tore something up again or stole another feeder. The stinking thing!!!

Well, I think I will sit here and listen to a little Gaither on the Bose and the rain on the roof. If that doesn't set up a nap session, I don' know what will. In the mean time,mI hope you have a wonderful afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment