Tuesday, July 19, 2016

There are at least nine feeders out there that combined probably hold twenty five pounds of sunflower seed. All the squirrel has to do Isi shinny up the pole and sit on the feeder and eat. So, --- one would wonder why the silly squirrel has to go through all of those gyrations of hanging by its toenails and stretching horizontally to eat from the barkbutter feeder? They never cease to amaze me with their antics. I also wonder what a man would look like if he was as strong as a squirrel is for its size.

It is another hot one today. It was 80 degrees already at 0730 and there isn't a lot of air stirring. I've had a lot of visitors at the buffet this morning already and I'm happy to report that Mr. Pilated Woodpecker is back again this morning. He is gobbling down on a ground corn seed cake. I generally know a minute or two in advance that it is coming in because it announces itself before it actually lands. It's call is unlike any other bird that I have. I don't know if it is signaling a warning to other birds to get out of the way or what. But I will hear it's call as it moves in through the trees and finally here it is, eating from a feeder. It most generally eats either suet of some kind or bark butter.

Little hummingbird is here again this morning too. We cleaned out the one feeder and refilled it which it uses a lot. And it visits the phlox too. I took the "hummer-bar" feeder down yesterday so I could clean it up. I need to go get a couple of ant guards to put out there. The hummer bar was full of dead ants and unfortunately, I still haven't seen them go to it. But, I'll refill it and put it back out there. All it takes is a bit of sugar and water. I have an ant guard hanging for my other hummingbird feeder and it is so cute that the goldfinches and the little wrens like to come and drink out of it. Is it any wonder that I enjoy my back yard so very much?

The Republican National Convention has started in Cleveland, OH and will go through out the week. Next week the Democratice National Convention will begin. The potential for a violent bloody shootout is only a spark away in Cleveland. Ohio is an "open -carry" state; which means if you want to walk around with a gun hanging on you, it is legal to do so as long as it is visible. Add to the stupidity of that the fact that the militant black group called "The Black Panther Movement" and about 1000 weapons carrying bike riding Vietnam era "Patriots" are coming; it is a scary situation. All it is going to take is one idiot hothead and it will be worse than a match in a dry forest. This country has gone nuts! This has been the absolute worst presidential election campaigning that I have ever witnessed. I pray that God will lay a calming hand on this nation, but I don't see it happening . So I would ask you to join me in prayer for this nation, its leadership, and its future.

I guess I should get busy. I've spent enough time watching birds and critters this morning . I hope your day is full of good things; and if it is, take time to thank the Lord for those good things because that is where all blessings originate. C' ya'!  

No comments:

Post a Comment