Saturday, July 2, 2016

Happy beautiful Saturday morning! It is a sunny 70 degree morning and I have lots of guests at the backyard buffet this morning. I've had several cardinals and downy woodpeckers in and out of here this morning. I also have a lot of the small birds like finches, sparrows, and wrens. I put out a larger seedcake and the ladderback woodpeckers are having a fuss with the starlings over that one. I haven't seen any hummingbirds around to try out my new hummerbar, but they will show up; --- eventually.

I mowed the years's again yesterday. I just love riding that new John Deere. It is so comfortable to drive and I just tool along enjoying life. The yards were not really in need of a haircut but they do look better not that I've done it.

The wedding rehearsal went very well yesterday afternoon. Generally people are late getting there or they are rowdy when they get there and don't want to settle down. But my group yesterday was on time and prepared to listen and get it done. The wedding is at 1600 hours today and thankfully, it looks like it is going to be a perfect wedding weather day too. The high today will be 79 degrees and low humidity. A couple of years ago I did the ceremony for the groom's sister and it was a hot muggy day and for some reason --- the area around the church lost power about 30 minutes before the wedding. There was a lot of scrambling going on to get a generator to the church and hook up the organ to it at least. But --- about three minutes before the wedding was to start -- the power came back on. We can do without that kind of drama today.

Around midnight last night I finished writing the funeral I have to do on Monday morning. We are predicted to have storms on Monday and I really hope they hold off until after the funeral. Funerals are a sad enough occasion; a bad weather funeral just makes people even more miserable. But, I think I have put together a good one considering I have never met the fellow. Thankfully I got some good input from his daughter-in-law.

Tomorrow after church, Ms. Kate and I plan to drive over to Louisville KY and have lunch with Julie and Jim at Joe's Crab Shack. She had planned to come here for the weekend but with my schedule of events for this weekend there wouldn't be much visiting time. Even tomorrow, we'll have to basically eat and run. I'll need to be back home in time to go to the funeral home for the visitation, and Louisville is going to get packed in the evening because they will be having the fireworks display tomorrow evening right there on the river front where we'll be, and I don't want to get into that traffic mess.

That's about it for my first cup of coffee. Time to do a refill and enjoy my morning. I hope you have a great weekend. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment