Monday, July 11, 2016

It is currently 77 degrees. The high today will be 90 degrees, and I have no events for today. --- My IPad has just described my life for today. What would I do without technology?? What it doesn't tell me is that I have writing to do, bird feeders to fill, bird baths to clean out and refill, a back yard to mow, sticks from the recent storm to clean up, and laundry to help Ms. Kate with. I guess Mr. Apple IPad doesn't know everything afterall.

The fact is that it is a beautiful morning. The phlox in my flowerbed is fully in bloom and the good news is that not only is it great to look at, the butterflies have found it it. I don't know one butterfly from another except I do know that these are not Monarch Butterflies. In fact, I don't know the last time I actually saw a Monarch other than on television in the series "Under the Dome" where it was a prominent feature. Our butterflies are most the yellow with black variety, and I love sitting here watching them flit from one flower to the next. The phlox is also a great alternative for the hummingbirds.

Yesterday was first Sunday after the announcement of my November retirement. The reaction was pretty much as expected; folks are supportive, sorry to see us go, but understand. We had the St. Lucas summer congregational meeting yesterday and as I mentioned to Ms. Kate; --- the "lasts" are already beginning. That was the last congregational meeting we will attend with St. Lucas. St. Paull's will have their congregational meeting on the 24th, and that will be our last one with them. I ordered material last night for a fall misson project that we started doing last year and realized that we won't be there this year to see the results of their work this year because we end the project on Christmas Eve. It is the small things that tug at your heart when you make life changes. However, I have no regrets and know this is the right thing.

Julie came over with Auggie dog for the weekend. It is always wonderful when we have one of our children in the house. We relaxed a lot and even went to see a movie on Saturday night. "The Secret Life of Pets" is a cute movie and every grandparent should take their grandchildren to see it. Ms. Kate and I just took our 49 year old "little girl" since we don't have any grandchildren close and wanted to see it ourselves.

It is second cup of coffee time which entails me getting out of my chair, so I might as well close up for today. I pray your day will be a fully blessed day; full of sunshine and the blessings of life. Until next time --- Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment