Wednesday, July 6, 2016

July 6th has begun with a bright and sunny morning and it is 82 degrees, neither of which is a particular good thing. There are terrible storm brewing up north and they are working their way here rapidly I'm afraid. We are planning on having lunch with our good friends, Bob and Georgia Ann today and I really would hate to see them get out in the weather if it is pouring rain. My weather radar app shows a lot of rain headed this way but hopefully there won't be any severe storms attached to it. Bob called me a little earlier and told me he was going to bring us a dozen ears of corn because his patch of corn got flattened the other day with the storm that came through.  What a shame. We've seen a lot of field corn knocked down by that storm. Once it is down, it doesn't stand back up. I think it was about five years ago that our farmers had so much trouble getting their corn harvested because it had been flattened by the wind..

Ms. Kate had her root canal procedure yesterday. She seems to be doing fine this morning. She will need to be on antibiotics for a week and then has to see her general dentist in four to six weeks, most likely for a crown on that tooth.

We have lots on the adgenda today of course since it is Wednesday. After we have lunch with Bob and Georgia Ann, we'll need to go to the churches and I need to run the bulletins and I need to run off my annual report for the congregational meetings that are coming up this month. Our first one is this Sunday. Then we have another one on the 24th for the second church. Then is evening I have called for a combined council meeting to discuss things that will be talked about with the congregation at the meetings.

I'm still lifting up prayers for Stephanie and her surgery this Friday. I know she is scared; I certainly would be. But, bless her heart, her attitude is; "let's get that sucker out of there." In the realm of possibilities of things that could go wrong --- I'm glad she has that attitude and I'm so praying that everything will be fine when it is over.

I guess I should finish up my morning "play time" here on the porch and start getting ready for my day. I've had very few birds here this morning for what ever reason and have had no squirrels. I've had a couple of doves, a sparrow or two and my wrens. That is about all. Maybe they all feel something in the air that I don't know.

I pray your day will go well and you will be surrounded by people you love. Take an opportunity to meet a new friend today if you can. It will expand your world. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment