Thursday, July 14, 2016

There is a saying that says "If you don't like the weather in Indiana, just wait five minutes because it will change." Of course, I have heard that same saying about every place we have lived I think. This morning, (Happy Thursday, by the way) we had a thunderstorm. It wasn't severe weather. There was no lightening, and barely a minimum amout of a shower of rain; --- just thunder. The sky was a dark grey and at first you could barely hear the thunder off in a distance. Then it got louder and louder as the storm came through and moved on to the south east. The thunderstorm lasted almost an hour. Now --- the sky is clear and the sun is shining brightly. God sure puts on some interesting displays for his people to enjoy.

Ms. Kate and I have several places to go today and get a little shopping done. Yesterday we went to the churches and took care of business there, and then we went to the orchard and picked up some more peaches. High on the list Odem items is Pillsbury pie crusts. Ms. Kate makes a great pie crust; I think she uses my Grandma Rath's recipe. However, these ready made Pillsbury crust are just as good; (sorry Grandma) and eliminate the mess. I admit that no one would ever taste the crust and talk about how "light and flakey" it is like they always did when Ms. Kate makes them from scratch. --- but heck --- it's just me and her eating them. So, we'll end up at Sam's and possibly Target and maybe even a craft store or two.

Mr. Fuss-a-lot the bluejay is here this morning making a racket and trying to run the other birds away from the feeders. He isn't having a lot of success with it though. He's up against a mockingbird and starlings, all of which tend to hold there own. Meanwhile, the smaller birds like finches, downy woodpeckers, a couple of cardinals, and some sparrows sneak in and out quickly, grab a bite or two and flit off to safety. And --- over on the "squirrel feeder" two fuzzy tails are chasing one another off of the feeder, up the tree, back down the tree to the ground. Then one will climb back on the feeder and the process starts all over again. There is mucho entertainment in the backyard this morning. No wonder I lose so much time sitting here watching these critters. I think about my log departed mother-in-law and how much she would have loved to sit here and watch all of this. It would have made her day. She had a few birdfeeders too but none of them were located where she could sit and enjoy the, She could only really enjoy them while standing at her kitchen sink which wasn't much fun I reckon.

I have other business I need to get on to so I need to wrap this up for today. I hope your day is as spiritually bright as the sunshine I'm seeing right now. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment