Thursday, July 28, 2016

A very good Thursday morning to you. I don't know where you are but here out my sunporch, there is no sun. It has kind of been dripping rain drops all morning; not really what I would call "raining" but I can here the water drops come and go on the roof. We have a front stalled to the south of us and it is dropping buckets of unwanted rain. One town down in Kentucky got seven and a half inches yesterday and they are getting hit again today. As of yesterday, this was the seventh wettest July on record for our area.

The hummingbird has finally discovered the new hummerbar. I'm really glad. Now it needs to tell its buddies that we can feed as many as 24 hummingbirds at a time on that thing. Wouldn't that be something to see? I don't but a couple of hummingbirds but I know people tat get a lot. When I bought mine, I bought two extra for Christmas presents.

I had several doves walking aroun the yard, a couple of robins grabbing worms, some finches, woodpeckers and a squirrel or two, out there. I also had Mr. Fuss-a-Lot, the bluejay out there. Then a stray cat showed up. Mr. Fuss-a-lot sounded the alarm and birds and squirrels went everywhere. The old cat moped on out of the yard with his cover blown. So now everybody is coming back to the buffet.

I need to finish working on the sermon that I have started for the 14th of August.  It is amazing how I get these little bursts of stuff to write and I think it is really going be good; but then I write it down , -- read it to myself, and into the trash can it goes. No wonder it takes me so long to get something done. But, I need to get on it. There is always another one to write when I finish this one.

The rain has stopped for now and the air is totally still. I went out for a couple of minutes and the air was thick and made it tough to breathe. I reckon that defines my outdoor activities for the day and so off to the basement and my office I go. I hope that you have a most blessed day, full of the glory of God. I'll talk to you tomorrow. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment