Friday, July 15, 2016

What a beautiful Friday morning. The sun is shining brightly in spite of the fact that my Weather Channel app says it is mostly cloudy. God has the spotlight shining through the tree branches highlighting the phlox this morning. How beautiful that is. The yellow and black butterfly is combing over the phlox gathering nectar.

I'm back in my recliner this morning. I fell asleep in it last night. Ms. Kate and I were out here listening to some Gaither Homecoming music and we both fell asleep in our recliners. I woke up at 0445 and she was gone to bed, but I think it was her getting out of her recliner that woke me up. So, I trudged on off to bed and was probably asleep again by the time my head hit the pillow. I don't remember much beyond pulling the sheets up over me.

It is my day off today. I wonder what I will do when I get fully retired? How do I take days off from days off? Will those be the two days a week that I do something? And what about holidays? How can you take holidays off when you aren't working. Will I even know there is a holiday or will I miss them altogether? Wow, this is going to be confusing.

There was another terrorist attack yesterday in Paris. I assume that is what it was; I haven't watched the news beyond the announcement that it happened. Some body ran a large truck into the crowd that was celebrating Bastile Day. At last count, I heard there were 80 people killed. It is so hard for me to understand the rage and mentality of people that do these thing. I was a professional military man for 32 years. It was my job to fight and kill the enemy if the situation arose and I was fully trained and prepared to do that. None of that has anything to do with the slaughtering of innocent people because they don't agree with your specific idealism.

That isn't a war -- that is simply murder in the first degree. And to say you are doing it in the name of God is beyond reprehensible. The root of the problem lies in the cultural definition of God. Christian ministers and such say that God and Allah are not the same. I disagree.There is only one God. It is the difference in definition of God that is tearing the world apart. As Christians we believe (for the most part) in a loving God. The radical Muslim faith define Allah or God as a God of vengeance that demands that all those who don't believe in him should be put to death. It is indeed a sad commentary on the people of this planet. Enough of my rant and soapbox this morning.

I have birds at empty feeders that are probably wondering if the buffet is closed so I better do something about that. I hope your day is fully blessed and your coming weekend is filled with love and peace. Shalomn.

No comments:

Post a Comment