Saturday, June 20, 2015

Bill has come and gone as a tropical depression in this area. I poured seven inches of rain out of my rain gauge this morning. That is what we have collected since Wednesday. And --- we didn't need a drop of it. I haven't watched the weather news this morning but my tablet tells me it is 73 degrees this morning and the sky looks as if it could continue to rain some more. 

Julie, Jim and the pupperonies did make it over last evening despite the storm. They had to stop along the way for a bit because of fog and storm but they made it here safely and that is all that counts. 


I talk about my sunporch a lot and the view I see from it every morning as  I sit down to write. Well, this is my view, and this is where I have "my spot" for peace and serenity and meditation. It is great to watch the birds and the squirrels and the seasons as they change. I am so glad we decided to put this little addition on to the house several years ago because we have certainly gotten a lot of use out of it. 

Tomorrow is Father's Day. I've had a good celebration of it already. Last week Heather and family took us out to eat at a really great place in her area. Two days ago, Ms. Kate outfitted my patio with a new Kitchen Aid grill, and yesterday Julie brought me the latest Stephen King novel. I have no doubt that I will be getting a card from Lisa today in the mail and it will most likely have a Lowe's gift card in it. All my family knows that I love Lowe's gift cards.

So, it is time for me to get busy because the list of activities for today may not be long but the places we need to go to are closed in the afternoon. So, let me wish you a great day and I will see you on Monday! Have a blessed weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment