Saturday, June 6, 2015

And a good Saturday morning to you! What a glorious morniig it is out side. The sun is shining brightly and it is a beautiful day to enjoy God's handiwork. I'm not sure what is on the "to do" list today yet but I imagine we will get something productive done before the day is over.

I hadn't really planned to do any hospital visits yesterday but my sweet 102 year old lady from the church was admitted yesterday afternoon with a serious infection so I had to go visit her, whether she knew who I was or not. She is in the same facility as Warren so I went to see him too.  Warren is doing really well and Ms. Charlotte may have surgery on Sunday. I'd ask you to lift them both up in your prayers if you would be so kind.

My hydrangeas have really turned white this week. At the beginning of the week they were about three fourths still green. Today they are about three fourths white. It is amazing what a little warm weather will do to help things along. A few od the tall lilies are starting to bloom too. Unfortunately, we'll probably miss most of the blooms because we'll be on vacation. My tomatoes are looking good, the cucumbers are growing good and we'll be cutting some swiss chard for supper this evening. The okra hasn't done much though. It is growing, but really slowly. I have bottomless buckets around the plants to keep the rabbits from eating them. I only planted four plants and the rabbits ate the first two.  I don't recall inviting them to supper. My black raspberries are putting on good too and are starting to turn. They will be ready by the time we get home.

It would appear that either a hawk or cat got one of my mockingbirds. When I mowed the other day I found a lot of feathers out in the yard under a tree. I don't think it was a cat because they don't eat their prey where they catch it; they hurry up and carry it off to a secluded place. The hawk, however, will set right there and gobble up its meal. Tis the way of nature. ( And don't start singing "The circle of life" on me now.)

We were having the "battle of the beaks" out here in the pussy willow tree a few minutes ago. The red headed woodpecker and the starlings were going at it over the bark butter bits feeder. The starlings won because more flew in and they ganged up on the woodpecker. Of course now they are fighting each other and no body is actually getting anything to eat. As Spock once said in a Star Trek show; "Wanting is not the same thing as having."

It is time to read my devotional and offer my prayers of graatitude for this beautiful day. I hope your day is full of joy and happiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment