Friday, June 5, 2015

Another beautiful morning greets me here in the Sunporch. It is already 75 degrees and the sun is shining brightly. A squirrel has just now shown up and is looking around trying to figure which feeder it can rob with the least effort. There are a couple of grackles out here to grab some of the suet. They seem to like it best and will grab chunks of it at a time. There is nothing dainty about them.

I went to see my friend Warren yesterday at the hospital. I was amazed. He was sitting up in a chair, a smile on his face, his voice was strong and he said that he was only having minimal pain. Not bad at all for a guy who had his chect cracked open and his heart repaired only 18 hours earlier. He had been out of beed and taken his short walk twice already and was scheduled to do so again before supper. At this rate, he will do extremely well with his recovery. God is good! Just as satisfying to me was the smile on his wife, Ida's face. She has finally relaxed a bit. Some times we concentrate so much on the patient that we forget to check on the significant others. I try to remember that with my visitations.

I don't seem to have a lot of activity this morning in the back yard. There are a couple of cardinals, a couple of finches and sparrows. The grackles come and go and the squirrel is still here just kind of roaming around but not committing to anything. My only steady customers this morning are the little downy woodpeckers.

Ms. Kate and I did get the bulletins for the next couple of weeks printed and ready to go. I think we are about set for our vacation. After we finished at the churches, we went and did a bit of shopping and we went to the ATT store and purchased a new phone for Ms. Kate. It is a model newer than mine and has all the bells and whistles on it that a person needs. I never thought we would be this way but we are truly techno-spoiled! That wouldn't be a bad thing at all if we truly understood how to get the full use of all these gadgets, but we limit ourselves to the few apps that we are really comfortable with and ignore the rest. I now have a stack of used Nooks of progressively newer versions that I'm sure someone could use if I knew where to take them. It makes no sense to let them just sit here in a drawer. I should do a factory reset on all of them and give them away.

I have set here long enough. There are weeds out in the flowerbeds that are calling my name and we have some other stuff that we need to get done today including make a run back up to the churches. By this evening we are to get some more rain but I'm not sure I trust that forecast. So, I think I need to water my tomatoes and I also need to clean out the bird baths. They get pretty nasty after a bit with all of the leaves and stuff that the birds leave in them. Birds aren't very sanitary --- they poop in their bathwater.

My devotions have been read, thank you Max  Lucado for nice thought this morning. I've given God thanks for a world full of blessing sent my way that I certainly didn't earn or deserve. God is good, all the time. I praye your day will be a blessed one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment