Thursday, June 18, 2015

Just waitin' on the rain. The sun was bright about thirty minutes ago but the clouds are moving back in and we are supposed to get some more rain. The weather forecasters say between threee and four inches will fall by Saturday afternoon when this pattern moves out. It would be nice if they were wrong. But at least no body is talking severe weather like they have been having in other parts of the country. I'll give God praise for that.

The good news for the birds and critters is that I have filled most of the feeders this morning. The cardinals give up the good news because they were on the feeders in an instant. Unfortunately the squirrels watch to see what is going on and who is getting food. I can see them up high in the neighbors trees, tails a swishing and chittering that the buffet is open for business again. Yeh, --- they will be here shortly.

It is a muggy one out there this morning. No longer than I was out there feeding the birds, I was already sweating. It is only about 80 degrees but I think the humidity is matching the temperature. That really makes for miserable weather. Some where in the neighborhood I hear what sounds like people scraping off shingles and doing some roofing. I feel for them if that is the case. I can't see who is doing the work and the atmospheric conditions and all the lush greenery makes the sound travel differently and therefore hard to pinpoint. It makes being a nosey neighbor difficult and I like to know who is doing what around here.

Ms. Kate and I went out to our favorite resturant yesterday for lunch and theen went to the churches and took care of business there. We've only been away from the churches and that area for a little over a week but we were amazed at how high the corn has gotten in that time. I Indiana we talk about the corn being "knee high by the fourth of July", but it is already taller than that in some of the fields. At this rate it will be another good year. Much of the wheat looks ready to cut too. It is just too wet to get into the fields. This is a dangerous time of the year for wheat farmers because a strong wind could really do some damage by laying the wheat over flat. I have no doubt they are praying for some dry weeks about now. I made contact with one of the local produce growers that is a family from the church and asked them if they will have sweet corn by July 4th and they think they willl have. It would be great to take a few dozen down to TN for the family reunion. We would all enjoy that.

I got most of my sermon for next week written yesterday but need to finish it up today and get started on another one. I think we also need to go to Lowes today and check out new BBQ grills. Ms. Kate says she is buying me a new one for Father's Day. I want to go to Lowes because I get a 10% discount and theey will deliver it, assemble it, and haul away my old one for free. And --- they have Weber and Kitchen Aid grills to choose from. My current grill still works but not well. The insides all need to be replaced so it is time to get a new one.

So, if I'm to get anything done today I need to vacate this recliner and quit watching the birds. BTW, my Jasmine bush is blooming and it smells heavenly out there in the yard. What with the flowers that are all blooming and the smell of the Jasmine --- it is a piece of heavenly peace to be in my back yard. I hope you have the time to walk around wherever you find heavenly peace today and stop and give God thanks for that place in your life. God is good! All the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment