Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Butterflies! We have butterflies this morning flitting from one bloom to the next. That is a neat thing because we don't see a lot of butterflies around here. I'm not sure why but perhaps it is as simple as the fact that we have a lot of birds and the birds eat them. So far my visitors this morning have been mainly sparrows, a gaggle of blackbirds that came and went quickly, a few house finches, woodpeckers, and  couple of cute little wrens. And of course --- a couple of squirrels. I'm hearing the blue-jay off somewhere but haven't seen it yet and I am also hearing some other bird that I can't identify by it's sound. So, it is a bit noisy in the backyard this morning, and I love it. 

I didn't love the noise that woke me up this morning. It was loud banging aand scraping out in the street in front of the house. I got up and looked out the front windows and it looks like maybe the neighbor up the street was having a dumpster delivered. I don't know if they are going to be doing remodeling or what. Of course it is none of my business really except that I think I need to know what is going on in the neighborhood. 

My sunflower seed can is now a hundred pounds heavier since I bought two bags of feed yesterday. The price has gone up a bit. I also bought some seed cakes and cylinders for those specific feeders. Those might last a couple of weeks. So this morning, everything is filled and the buffet is fully open for business. 

We have a lot of aircraft noise this morning overhead. The Shrinerfest starts this weekend and part of that includes an airshow. There will be old time airplanes and also the Navy's demonstration team, The Blue Angels will perform. They are what I have been hearing early. I don't know why the town only seems to get the Blue Angles and are so crazy about them. I think since we retired here they have only had the Air Force Thunderbirds one time. It must go back to tradition or something since during WW II Evansville was a major builder of the Navy's LSTs. We have one of the last remaining LST's that saw action in WW II on display here on the Ohio River. Anyway, --- it would be nice to see the Thunderbirds again. Ms. Kate and I were stationed at Nellis Air Force Base which is the home of the Thunderbirds and have seen them many, many times, but I would go see them again.

Julie made it safely to Cleveland; that you Lord for that blessing. She will do a two day conference there and then head home tomorrow evening; so I'll again ask God for safe passage for her. Josh's fiance' has been having some severe tummy problems and has been in and out of the hospital. But she is home now and says she seems to be doing a bit better. I'll give God thanks for that. I plan to go do my visitation today at the nursing homes and check on those folks. I haven't seen them in almost three weeks. I talked to Ms. Charlottte's daughter last Sunday and asked her if her mom actually reaized that they had taken part of her leg and she said she didn't think so. Perhaps that is for the best. Very seldom when I go see her does she even acknowlege me even if she is awake. My other parishioner thaat is in a facility gets around good and his family takes hime places occasionally. He lives in the past a lot too and I'm never quite sure if he is talking current events or yesteryear. 

Time for me to close up this blog for today. I hope your day is a good one full of sunshine and laughter and the love and peace that only God can give. Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment