Thursday, June 4, 2015

 A fat old robin is makiing its way around the patio out side my glass doors this morning. He runs, he stops and listens and looks around, and then he runs some more. Once in a while it stops and looks in the sunporch at me and then moves on again. Perhaps it is playing a game of some kind with my bunny because that little fellow is kind of doing the same thing. What a pleasant way to start the day. God just gives the best gifts and blessings.

I have a bunch of stuff to do today. As we spent yesterday back and forth to the hospital to check on Warren, we decided not to go to the churches and run the bulletins until today. So, there is that to take care of. We need to run two weeks worth because we are off to California next week to watch our two grandchildren graduate. Lauren will graduate highschool and Jon will move up to highschool. But that means we have to run the bulletins for the Sunday that we are gone. I have a "supply" pastor ready to fill in for me and I've created the worship service, now I just need to print the bulletins. What is it they say; "the job"s not over until the paperwwpork is done!"

Alsoon the list today is to get the yards mowed and if we have time and energy, get some more weeds pullled. The " queen of Round-up", Ms. Kate, sprayed a bunch of the stuff yesterday. and we finally made a bit of head way in the front flowerbeds this week. It looks a lot better. Ahh, for the days we lived in the Philippines and I had a "yard boy" who kept my yard meticulously trimmed and my boots polished and car washed for the meager sum of $20.00 a week. Believe it or not, that was "big" money at that time.

The surgery went perfect yesterday for Warren in case I had not told you. I am no less amazed today than I was then at what God allows us humans to do, and I am just as amazed at these bodies that God has created to hold our soul as we temporarily walk around this magnificent planet He created. As traumatic as that surgery was to the body yesterday, the nurses will have Warren up and walking today. It is just unbelievable. I've said it before and I'll say it again a million times; "God is good, all the time!"

All of my feeders are full this morning and the gang is making good use of them. I haven't had any squirrels yet today but it is just about the time of day that they arrive. Ms. Margret's yard crew is over there mowing her yard which tells me that the grass is dry enough alreaady this morning to mow. Ms. Margret doesn't like any "grass clumps" in her yard so it better be dry. There are two downy woodpeckers out there in the pussy willow tree and one is getting food from the bark butter feeder and is feeding the other one. How sweet is that?

The coffee cup is empty and I must get busy. I've read my devotional, had my chat with God, (okay, I talked and God listened), and the laundry should be done in the dryer so I can pull out my favorite pair of jeans and get dressed.

God has given me a beautiful day in which to do some thing for other people so I need to get on that. I hope you will take the time todo something for someone today too! Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment