Wednesday, June 10, 2015

We had a great day of visiting with all of the family yesterday, catching up with the grandchildren and being amazed at how much they have grown and matured. We attended Jon's middle school graduation ceremony. I had no idea how big a ceremony it was going to be. They graduated 700 kids from his class. I was shocked. I had of course been thinking in terms of my 8th grade graduation when we graduated maybe 50 of us. Then when we got to high school, we had around 400 in my 1962 high school class at Reitz. Tomorrow night, Lauren's graduating class will have well over 700 graduating too. But, I must say that the event last eveniin went efficiently and quickly. And --- I must say, the weather was perfect for an out door graduation; cloudy, no humidity, and no sun beating down on us. After the event, we went to Marie Calender's for supper since that was Jon's choice. Of course, all he really wanted was some of their cornbread. There must be some country in that California kid after all.

So, we three (Ms. Kate, Heather and I) are sitting around this morning doing our individual computer stuff and just chatting. John (Heather's fiance') is working and will get home around noon. Then this afternoon we are going to Riverside to the location they have picked out to do their wedding next April. Lauren and Jon will join us tonight. They have been at their dad's up until now as it has been "his" days to have them. Lauren is working today and Jon is at school. He doesn't actually finish school until Friday although these are all of course just meet the number of school days requirement.

Tomorrow, Ms. Kate and I are going to the track to watch Lauren ride. I do love to watch that girl on a dirtbike. She is total confidence in motion. She is really hoping to be able to tour the country riding in the professional races, but that takes an awful lot of money and she doesn't have it; so I'm not sure what she is going to do. This job she now has will help, but she really has no idea what life is going to cost her. But then, how many of us did as we graduated highschool. Life looked so good until you got your first paycheck and saw what had already been taken out of it for taxes etc. Suddenly the home you were in a hurry to "get away from" looked a bit more comforting.

It is another beautiful cool morning out here in the patio. I sat inside too long to hear the roosters this morning but the birds are chirping. Heather doesn't have a yard full of feeders like I do; in fact, she doesn't have any trees. This is southern California trac house living; --- forty feet between the houses with six foot fences separating the yards. Heather was extremely fortunate that her building contractor was willing to work with her for her individual changes that she wanted as they were building this subdivision. She has a beautiful place, but all of the things that makes her place stand out from the rest are things that she and John have done or had done on their own.

I'm keeping in contact back home through the internet and am glad to reprt that my Ms. Charlotte is doing well since her surgery. I haven't heard anything about Warren since Sunday but expect he may be gong home by today. God has blessed all of us with the success of these two operations that these flks have had to go through. We pray for continued healing and success as they go through their respective therapy.

The peace I find sitting out here is great. Only an occassional bird sings and once in awhile I hear a dog bark. And --- I just heard my roosters from off in the distance. I guess Californina roosters get up later than Indiana roosters. Probably too much partying in the hen house at night! But, one can easily find God while sitting here if you are in fact looking for God. In this silence, I offer up my prayers of gratitude once again for the joys and abundance of blessings I am favored with. I give God thanks for these two grandchildren that are each starting new adventures in life and pray they will be successful in whatever they choose to do with their future. I give thanks to God that Heather has found John and he has become a part of her life. She is happier than I have ever seen her and that is all a parent can really wish for. Ms. Kate and I won't be back to California most likely until next April when we come out for Heather and John's wedding, which by the way, I will be honored to perform.

 I also give thanks to God and prayers that Lisa and Gary's new business will be totally successful. They have their grand opening tomorrow. It has been a trip through faith to take this leap into the unknown. It is one thing to be the best mechanic youo can be and work for some one else. It is a whole new thing owning the business. May God walk with them every step of the way.

And I certainly offer prayers for better health and continued quality of life for Julie and Jim. Julie's RA is unfortunately winning the battle, one flare up at a time. She is becoming less steady on her feet and I hope they can get into a single story home sometme soon. But --- bless her heart -- she is a fighter and refuses to give into her RA and will fight the devil head on.

So --- that's my thhoughts for this most wonderful morning. I am full of coffee and full of peace in my soul. I am surrounded by love and lifted up by grace. Life doesn't get any better than that.  Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment