Friday, June 19, 2015

It rains, it quits. It rains and it quits. We expect it to be this way until some time tomorrow with the heavy stuff moving in this afternoon and evening from Tropical Depression "Bill". Needless to say, nothing is getting done outside today. Julie and Jim are planning to come over this evening but I'm not so sure they will be able to if the rain and storms come in like are predicted. We drove through that kind of rain on our way to Nashville a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't in the least bit fun.

Ms. Kate and I went out yesterday and she bought me a great Father's Day present of a Kitchen Aid out door grill. We had planned to go to Lowes but Lowes didn't carry Kitchen Aid nor did they have their sale on yet. So, we went to Home Depot. Now, if the rain will stop I will try it out. My future son in law, John, has a new Kitchen Aid too and hasn't fired his up yet so the challenge is on to see who grills first. He bought the "Cadillac version" though so his cost per grilling session will be a lot higher. We were glad to find out that Home Depot also gives a 10% military discount. That helped bring the price down to cover the sales tax and then some.

I finally finished writing my message for next week's service. Today I need to work on my message for the Sunday we get back from Tennessee. With the rain and storms todaay it will be the perfect opportunity to do that. Now, if I can just get the words to start flowing. The scripture is from Mark 6 and concerns the beheading of John the Baptist. Making that relevant might be a challenge.

The cardinals, the wrens, and the red-headed woodpeckers are my guests for breakfast this morning. One lone squirrel came in for a little bit but it has since left. Once again I have several cardinals here. I think they like the fact that (a) I feed them, and (b) there is plenty of cover for them arounnd here. My back yard gets very little sun because of all the trees and bushes so there is always foliage to fly off into to hide. But when the sun does filter through, it is a beautiful place. Neighbor Dan and I sat out in the lawn chairs yesterday having a brew while he smoked his cigar.  He had helped me get the new grill from the store and put it in my back yard. Afterwards we sat and enjoyed the peace of the back yard and discussed what tough lives we live. LOL With me being a retired Colonel and him being a retired Command Sgt. Major; --- it was a very "Hooah" thing to do. The scene could have come out of a John Wayne movie.

It is time for me to read my morning devotional from Max Lucado and have a conversation with the Lord this morning. I'm adding to my prayer list today Ms. Christina, who is Josh's fiance. Looks like she is going to have to have surgery for a hernia so we wrap her in our love and lift her up for God's care and blessing. While I'm at it, I'll lift you up for God's blessing too. So go about your day knowing that some one has prayed for you today. Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment