Friday, June 12, 2015

I'm late this morning getting around to my blog. I think the roosters have already sung their song. We've been up and just sitting around the kitchen gabbing, and then Heather and Lauren dropped Jon off for his last day at school and they are now picking up party supplies at Sam's. Ms. Kate finished baking the cookies, -- and me --- I just held my chair down and my coffee cup up!

The graduation last night went very well. It does take awhile when there are that many graduates. I will say that being in a southern California community, the people that read off the names of the graduates certainly had to have practiced how to pronounce all of those names. The Mexican and Oriental influence was well represented. Not a lot of Joe Smiths or Susie Browns in the mix like we would have had back in Indiana.

This evening is the combined party for Jon and Lauren. We are expecting probably only about forty people to be here. The weather is perfect for the party and the setting here in the back yard and patio is also perfect. John and Heather pushed really hard to have this back patio ready for this week.

My daughter Lisa and her husband Gary also had a successful Open House at their new business yesterday. I am very proud of them and happy for them. I hope owning his own garage turns out to be everything he has hoped it would be. He certainly has the work ethic to make it a success and seems to be a sought-after mechanic. My worry is that he's not big into the paperwork side of business and is relying on Lisa to handle that. She has an MBA and can do it extremely well --- however, she also has a full time job with the State of North Carolina as the business manager for a major health care facility. I just hate to see her lighting both ends of the candle. But --- they are quasi-young, have their children mostly raised, and are walking with the Lord every step of the way. I'm very proud of them.

It is a crystal clear day here today with a nice breeze once again. The temperature is only going to about 89 today which is what is was at 0900 back home in Indiana. The lack of humidity is a blessing and makes it very comfortable, especially here in the out-door kitchen. But, as nice as it is, I still would not want to live out here. We did that for two years when we were stationed just up the road at March Air Force Base. The traffic is always horrendous, and at times during the year the smog makes it so you can hardly breath. This is where I first developed symptoms of adult asthma. So, I'll take the anaomalies that come with living in Indiana and just enjoy my occassional visits out here.

I give thanks this morning for the songbirds that are singing and the beautiful day that God has presented us with. I give thanks that Lauren has finished school and hope hat she takes on life with gusto and pray that she will have a life filled with joy and success. I give thanks that John and Heather have found one another and that it seems that they will make a very happy couple. I can't wait to come back in ten months and "tie their knot". As always, I give thanks for God putting Ms. Kate in my life. I can't imagine what my life would be like had she and I never have met. It would literally be a different world. And finally, I thank God for the peace in my soul. I thank God for allowing me to be a minor worker in His kingdom and for allowing an insignificant guy like me to spread the gospel. God is so very good.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment