Tuesday, June 23, 2015

At 0800 this morning it was already 82 degrees and we have a special weather statement saying that the heat index will be 100 - 105 today. I think I will not go outside and pull weeds from the flowerbed today! But --- yesterday was a productive day out there and I finally finished the one just outside the sunporch and it looks so much better. There was a very invasive plant out there, (I just call it "purple plant" because that is the color of the bloom),  that is just impossible to get rid of. It grows as tall as the phlox and intertwines itself in and among the phlox so that I had to go stem by stem to determine the difference. It will grow back --- it always does and I go through this every year. It isn't a bad looking plant at all and the bees love it. But it will wipe out my other stuff if I don't keep it under control. The flower bed looks so much brighter this morning because the sun is shining on the white of the hydrangias now that I have pulled all of the purple plant out. I filled four fifty pound bird seed bags with purple flower stems. They hydrangias were beginning to be hidden under the purple plant. The phlox will now bloom better too. 

All of my varities of woodpecker, except the pilated one, are here this morning. I filled the feeders yesterday and there are birds everywhere this morning. I really need to go to the bird feed stores today. My sunflower seed can is all but empty and I'm out of several other kinds of the foods I use. My little bunny is back again this morning and is slowly making his way over here to the house. It will come here to the porch shortly and look in jusst to examine the world that it can't enter. There were two but I only  see one these days. Either the other one has moved on or perhaps a hawk got it. Either scenario is possible. 

There is a nice breeze this morning and I have closed the door going from the sunporch to the house and opened up the doors going out of the sunporch to the yard.. It gives me a good cross breeze and will also give the porch a chance to air out a bit. It still smells "a little doogy" in here from the wet pups running in and out of here all weekend. And --- I can hear my birds so much clearer and every once in a while I get a good whiff of the star jasmine that is blooming just outside of the doors. God has provided a most beautiful morning once again. It is amazing; it is humbling to sit out here and watch and listen to the array of creatures God has made. The air literally vibrates with birdsong. The squirrels are chasing one another all over the yard, up and down the trees, across my roof, and back down into the yard. 

My prayers this morning are all prayers of gratitude for a life filled with joy and blessings. I have a wealth of friends and a wonderful faith famiy. I have a family that loves me and I love dearly, I have a home and plenty of food on the table; and I have the love and grace of God Almighty and eternal life promised through Jesus Christ. What more coud I ask for. There is one thing; I ask for safe travels to and from Cleveland, OH for Julie this week as she goes to a conference. And I ask for God's limitless blessings to fall on you. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment