Monday, June 29, 2015

And a glorious Monday morning to you! Throw away all those "Aww man, its Monday" thoughts and put on your glad and happy face. "This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it."

My sidewalk is damp this morning. It was barely sprinkling when I finally turned into bed last night. Ms. Kate and I sat and watched that silly Alton Brown and Cut Throat Kitchen last night untill midnight and then she went in and played some computer games while I fiddeled around updatin my laptop computer. Ms. Kate and Julie want me to take it on our vacation this weekend. I haven't used it in maybe three or four months. By now the battery was dead and it needed about seventy five updates. But, it is fully charged now and all caught up. I seldom use it except when Ms. Kate aand I travel and now that I have this new IPad it gets used even less. ---- None of which has anything to do with my damp sidewalk. As I was saying, the sidewalks are damp this morning which indicates to me that it must have rained more than just a litte bit. The sun is coming is and out now as the clouds pass over.

We had great worship again yesterday. I had invited one of our young girls to do one of her dance routines as part of the worship service. To the best of my knowledge, that was a first and I wasn'r sure how the congregaion would react towards it. The young girl asked her friend to do the dance with her and they did a good job and it appeared to be well received. I am encouraging members of the conngregation to demonstrate their talents as part of the worship this summer. After all --- God gave them the talent, why not demonstrate it through worship of God? I think we were all also inspired by our organist once again yesterday becaue her music seemed to be especially beautiful yesterday. Ms. Brenda always does a great job, but I will tell you that there are Sundays that I believe the congregation comes to church especially prepared to worship and the Holy Spirit just lifts us up and carries us to a new level. We sing louder, we sit quieter, and after the service is over people stand and talk and laugh and enjoy the fellowship of one another's company much longer. For those Sundays; I say "Thank you Father."

It appears that I need to refill some feeders yet again. The flying pigs and the bushy-tailed rats have eaten well this weekend leaving me to do the dishes and fix their next meal. They better enjoy this week because next week they are on their own.

Our grandson, Jon, competed in his first "scooter" competition yesterday out in California and did well. The kids these days have a whole new version of the little two-wheeled "scooter" that we had back in the '50s. You rememeber those; you stood on it and pushed with one foot  and then rode it until it slowed down and then pushed with one foot again. The Amish have a version of the same thing that they use to get around on for transportation. But these thing the kids ride are much smaller and have tiny little wheels, and they do all kinds of tricks and jumps with them. It has become a sport much like riding the skateboards of the 90's. We went to the skatepark with Jon while we were out in California and watched him ride. He is really good on that little thing and scares the bejeezus out of us with his dare-devil tricks.

Time to vacate the recliner and get some work done around here. Or maybe it is simply time to sit and enjoy my cardinals and flowers a bit more. Either way, I'm done for today. I hope you have a blessed day; I already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment