Thursday, June 11, 2015

It is a cool morning this morning out here in Heather's patio; 63 degrees, a bit a of a breeze, and cloudy. A dog is barking somewhere in the distance, maybe a couple of houses over; its hard to tell. Somebody is running a motor of some kind too, it sounds like it might be a piece of woodworking equipment. Who knows, it is only a guess.

I'm up before the roosters again today. I think my brain is still on central time zone because I'm waking at what would be my normal get up hour back home. It was 0630 here but at home that is 0830. Not that it matters a lot, it gives me more peaceful patio time. Heather was already up. She has to take Jon to get his braces off today. He has been waiting anxiously for this day to arrive. He walks around and won't smile so that his teeth might show his braces, so maybe now he "open up". He's a cute kid.

Lauren graduates from high school this evening. She will go straight from graduation to her dad's house or maybe it is her other grandparents house for supper and "presentation" of what ever gift they are giving her. Heather, of course is not invited, but says that what ever gift they are "presenting" will absolutely be "over the top". They have done that with each of their other grandkids. I say good for them if that is what fills their twinkie! Lauren seems to like her new job. Yesterday she not only worked on invoices for her boss, she helped tear down a motorcycle engine. She was pretty excited about it last evening. She is a very private person and such a serious kid, but last night she was on an absolute roll and laughed more than I have ever seen her laugh. It was a joy to watch.

Tomorrow we will spend the day helping Heather with the preparations for the party for Lauren and Jon. Its not going to be a huge affair; just a few friends here for some grilling and fun. I don't think either one of the kids invited very many people.

Sadly, our week here is rapidly closing. But the good news is that in less than a month, we will have all of the girls and grandkids together as we meet in Nashville for a week of family reunion. That promises to be a fun time.

Time to give God the praise and glory that God deserves and express my gratitude once again for my blessings. I know I write that every day almost but I'm convinced we should never stop being grateful  for what God does for us. I hope you will take time to do the same thing today.

No comments:

Post a Comment