Thursday, June 25, 2015

It really is Thursday already isn"t it? This week has flown by which is opposite of what I thought would happen. I guess our days in the flowerbeds working and trying to get ahead with the church stuff, including my end of month reports and preparing for the July Congregational meetings has sucked up the hours. But that is a good thing and we have had a very productive week around here.

It is 79 degrees already this morning and the day promises to be a steamy one with heat index of 105. Ms. Margret's yard crew is out there early getting her yard mowed but I see the fellow stopping to wipe sweat frequently and it is only 0900 hours. We arre looking at storms coming in soon through tomorrow and then hopefully a bit cooler weather.  I think I'll use today to do the visitation that I didn't get to yesterday.

Slowly but surely Ms. Kate and I are winning the battle of the weeds arund here. We each spent a couple of hours out there yesterday and we can certainly tell where we have been. I need to get some mulch put down. At least now when I get ready to dig up all of the iris, we'll be able to find them. But -- we have a lot of work to do to prepare the new area before we actually move the iris. One of the big hurdles to getting into the flowerbed on the north side if the house is an out of control lilac bush. That will take some major surgery and brush haul away. In order to do that, it has to get dry enough to drive though my nephew's pasture to dup my brush load. Seems like every domino has to depend on the one before it. No wonder I'm so slow. My north side of the house and yard is my most neglected and it looks it. I could easily spend two days in there just trimming back shrubs and bushes.  And, I really should try to find some help to do it.

Some bird just knocked itself silly by flying into my glass door. It is a young black bird. It was laying on its back and barely moving so I went out and turned it over. It fluttered away about ten feet and is sitting there in the yard, I don't know if it has a broken wing or is still just stunned or what.  We'll see how long it stays there. My little bunny is here again this morning. He has moved from up by the house to a hiding spot under the azalea bushes across the yard. I have Mr. and Mrs. Fuss-a-lot, the bluejay couple here this morning. Between the two of them, they keep the starlings at bay while they take turns eating. The door banger bird has now walked off and I don't see it any more so I am assuming it will make it just fine. The song says; "His eye is on the sparrow", so God takes care of his little birds too.

It is time for me to get ready to go do my visitations before the heat of the day or the storms move in. I pray you will have a great day and will take the time to stop for a conversation with God in order to give thanks for your blessings. God is still speaking; --- stop and listen to what God has to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment