Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Another gloomy morning; it's cool, cloudy, and has rained at least some time during the night because the sidewalk is still wet.  It's the kind of morning out here that invites a person back yo sleep. It is still outside with very little breeze at all. I don't hear much bird song except in the distance. In fact, the only true sound I hear is what sounds like a Piper Cub airplane being run up over at the airport. That is a mile from here but sound travel far in certain conditions. On the other hand, it could also be someone mowing in the next subdivision.

The hydrangea blooms are turning from green to white very slowly.  Since I have my fence around them, they really stand up tall this year. However, the knockout roses are even taller than that and some of the lilies are just as tall. It makes for a pleasant scene as I sit here with my coffee. It appears that I must fill some feeders again today.

The young child I spoke of yesterday passed away around mid-morning. I feel so sorry for the parents for the loss of their child; and yet I praise God that the child and the parents won't have to deal with the child suffering a lifetime with irreparable brain damage. The fact that people had already set up a fund to help the family monetarily is a good indicator that there was no way they could have afforded long term care of that nature, plus they are already facing the cost associated with the father's broken neck. I pray their faith is strong.

I took care of some of my "got to do" list items. I had to do a little banking and checking on things from my mother's estate. I' still getting bills to be paid. So I also went by the hospital to check on that bill possibility. So far I haven't even received any of those infamous "This is not a bill" notices. But they told me that her two claims are still out to Medicare, and that takes forever.

The other thing on my list was to get this weeks sermon written an I finally finished that around 10:00 last night.  I have one more to write this week before we go on vacation next week. I will most likely be at the hospital for four or five hours tomorrow as my parishioner has his heart surgery. Maybe I can put some thoughts together then. I have Microsoft Word on this thing but I will have to ask Julie how to get it from my iPad to my computer. We old dogs aren't quick at new tricks.

It is time for me to get busy. I need to take Ms. Kate for her blood work this morning and maybe we'll swing over to Denny's for breakfast after that. I hope your day is an exceptional one full of joy and peace. But regardless of whether it is or isn't--- take the time to thank God for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment