Thursday, February 6, 2014

Another cold and semi-grey day through the windows of the porch this morning. I wasn't looking forward to seeing snowflakes again this morning but this is the winter that won't quit. However, it is 13 degrees outside and a comfortable 65 here in the sun porch. My cup of coffee and a light blanket makes it extremely comfortable.

I found that I was totally wrong yesterday about the birds and squirrels getting through the ice on the feeders. I went out yesterday evening and found they they were infact completely frozen over. So, I chipped it all away and topped off everything once again. This morning the free buffet out there is obvious. There must be a minimum of fifty Starlings out there; all fussing and flittering, and gobbling up the food. The Cardinals are holding back waiting their turn so as to not get run over by the ruffians of the neighborhood. The squirrels are having a tough time getting up the poles again today which is fine by me. I only have one out there so far this morning. It has jumped half way up that pole dozens of times this morning, only to slide back down, then looks over at me like its my fault. But --- I have no doubt it will get up pole that eventually.

I hope you have a blessed day filled with the love and warmth of your family and the love of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment