Thursday, February 27, 2014

Brilliant blue and cold and windy is the scenario for the world outside my sunporch. According to my weather app, at 25 degrees right now -- we are at today's high. That is not a happy thing. Unfortunately the bird feeders are again almost empty which means I need to go out in the cold and fill everything. Again --- not a happy thing. So far the weekend promises nothing but more cold, rain, freezing rain, sleet, and throw in a little snow just to complete the mix. I don't know who paid for this winter but they got a bargain and their money's worth. But enough whining! I'm sure that a whole lot of warm and beautiful days will come soon. As Ms. Kate and I were saying yesterday, we think it bothers us more simply because we are getting older.

Speaking of Ms. Kate, we had a nice 48th anniversary day. One of the good things about the world of social media is the connecting with so many friends from around the world and from our past. We received so many notes of well wishes from friends and loved ones on our FaceBook pages. It was heart warming.

Well something just spooked the couple of squirrels that are out there. They suddenly bolted across the yard and high up the trees and are chattering fiercely about something. Possibly there is a Hawk back in the area although they don'seem too bothered by them, so, who knows what goes on in the mind of a squirrel. All I can tell is that they are truly pissef off. One left the yard totally and the other is streaking from one brach to another, back and forth, and chattering constantly.

The coffee cup is empty and I suppose I must get out of my recliner and become productive. As always I thank God for yet another day filled with blessings and the love of friends and family. I hope your day is just as wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment