Saturday, February 15, 2014

Ahhhh! My blue sky is back. But at 14 degrees there won't be a lot of melting going on. I made a treacherous trip out to the mailbox to post some letters and almost hit the sidewalk. I hope it warms enough to melt the street today.

There is one less Starling here today. I looked out the kitchen window yesterday and a huge Red Tail Hawk had one pinned to the ground and was waiting on it to die. Eventually the hawk flew off, clutching the prey in its talons. However, there appears to be no mourning going on out here this morning. Such is the life in wild nature.

I'm hoping it does warm up soon. I have to do a funeral on Monday and we need to be able to get to church tomorrow. February is now half over so its time for winter to ease up. This has been a winter of historic snow falls and ice storms nationwide. It is ironic that the place that really needs snow, Sochi, Russia, isn't getting it and they are trying to hold the Winter Olympics there.

I hope anyone following my blog will be having a blessed day. I certainly intend to. God is good --- all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment