Monday, February 10, 2014

This morning we have "five fuzzies in a frey". I know that's silly but I do have five squirrels out there hopping, jumping, running, and chasing each other away from the feeders that Ms. Kate and I filled yesterday afternoon.

When I first came out here this morning it was the time for the Cardinals to feed. My usual eight to twelve were nervously flittering back and forth as they went from feeder to feeder. Their efforts put down a new layer of seed on the fresh snow.

Then came the squirrels and of course the Starlings. The Starlings chase off squirrels and the squirrels chase off Starlings. In the mean time the Chickadees, Junkos, Finches, and Sparrows dash in and out trying to get their share. It is a joy to sit here with my cup of coffee and watch the antics of God's creatures. They do bring me joy and I consider it to be just one more example of God's blessings.

May your day be filled with love and comfort from friends and family. Don't forget to say a prayer for some one who may need a bit of uplifting in their spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment