Sunday, February 9, 2014

Another cloudy and gloomy morning. If it were not for my sleeping sweetheart in the other room and my menagerie of feathered friends out side the porch windows, I could feel depressed. Instead, I'll sit here and be thankful for God's blessings in my life.

I must admit that it does feel strange to be out here this morning. By now on Sunday mornings I'm usually on my way to church. However, we had to cancel services at both churches today because of the horrible icey conditions of our parking lots. The councils determined that it was just too unsafe for our folks to try to be on them. You got to know that when our farmers say it is more than their huge John Deere tractors can handle, it must be bad. (And the "red tractor" drivers couldn't get it done eithers. LOL) But, not going to church this morning is going to confuse my brain all week.

The gang is all here this morning, although at the moment there are more Starlings than anything else. I purposely didn't fill the feeders yesterday . There is plenty of food out there and I want them to clean it all up from the ground. Even my birds and squirrels need be part of the "clean plate" club.

God has opened up a whole new day and a whole new week. I urge each of you to make the best use of it. Smile at strangers, tell your friends you love them, check on a senior citizen, pray for others, and stop every day to give God praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment