Thursday, February 20, 2014

It is a cloudy, windy morning and we are under the gun for storms this afternoon. But 70 degrees in February in this part of the country is almost a guarantee of a severe storm. So, --- my prayer this morning, Lord, is for safety for all in the path of this pending storm.

We have lots of Cardinals this morning and even more Finches of all varieties. I have a couple of Downy Woodpeckers that are happy with the bark-butter feeders as they flit in and out. It is always a joy to watch.

I've debated whether to go out and rake up some of the birdseed hulls that now cover large spots under my feeders. But, I think I'm sitting on my "lazy button" and it won't turn off. So, life in the recliner on the sunporch goes on.

Ms. Kate has joined me this morning on the porch and that makes it special. She generally doesn't come out in the mornings because she gets cold. It is nice to have her smiling face here with me.

Take time today to take stock of all of the good things in your life. It is so easy to concentrate on the negative but resist that temptation. Smile at a stranger and watch their face change; then remind yourself that you made that happen with no effort at all. Who said that God doesn't work through us? Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment